Ch2: Its Starting

-Shays pov-

Me and my sister talked for hours about the letters and the fact our mom is a headmistress at a vampire school. We both fell asleep on her bed around 11:00pm exhausted from the day's events. The next morning i woke up and looked over at the alarm clock on her dresser.

"OH MY GOSH! Denice wake up,"

I shook my sister till she woke up,

"What time is it?"

"12pm." I whispered.

"What?" She jumped up and looked over at me and spoke quitely,

"As if we slept for 13hrs. I mean I know you never sleep in this late, I mean I only do." She explained surprisedly.

"I know it's weird uuggh I feel really funny."

At the moment my hand dropped to my stomach and Denice's hand flew up to her throat and a look of worry crossed her face.

"Now that you say that I feel funny too actually."

"Should we talk to mo-"

Just then our mom walked in and over towards us,

"Good afternoon my darlings, I suppose you have a lot of questions but we don't have time for much we must get going."

"Mom where are we going?"

"Didn't you read the letters we have some shopping to do. You girls start school at Dusk manor in 3 days now hurry up and get dressed and be quick."

Our mom turned and left before we could say anything my sister looked over at me and gave me a small smile.

"Well let's get dressed then."

We each got dressed and wandered down stairs to see our mom waiting for us and our dad no where in sight.

"Okay girls lets get going now follow me."

She turned and headed for the back of the house and into the forest that surounded it.

"You mean we are not taking the car mom?"

"No only way to get where we are headed is by helicopter or plane and considering we don't live by an air port we will take my helicopter."

We had been walking for quite sometime through the forest and we finally came across a small clearing as we saw a helicopter.

"Mom you own a helicopter?"

"Yes my girls I do ..... now get in and buckle up and put on your headphones we are heading to Withering brook."

My twin sister looked over at me and then at my mom,

"Withering brook? What and where is that and why are we going there?"

My mom started up the helicopter and then looked over at us and replied,

"It's a little village in the middle of no where a few miles away from the manor and it's the only place to get your school supplies of course."

We flew for hours in the helicopter until we came upon more woods & landed in another small clearing. Mom turned the helicopter off pulled off her headphones and unbuckled. We did the same.

"Welcome girls to Withering brook."

It was a small little village with about 20 houses and few stores and what looked like a small tavern. We walked through the town and came upon a small clothing shop. Mom walked in with us girls following behind her. She smiled at the shop keeper and they chatted while me and my twin looked around.

"Shay this is a shop for uniforms. Oh my god! We have to wear uniforms gross."

I laughed and hugged my sister,

"Come on now sis uniforms are not all that bad."

Just then our mother walked over with two small shopping bags when she handed us each one.

"Those are yours but only for the first day after that you will have a different uniform when you are sorted."

She turned and walked out we quickly followed behind her.

"Mom what do you mean sorted?"

"Girls you will find that out in a few days now follow me we have more shopping to do."

We went to three more shops and got school supplies for the normal classes and a few items for the vampire classes such as special books that would teach us how to survive and about our history. We also needed clothes that are durable and stretchy that we could wear when we go hunting.

Lastly we needed a ring or a necklace it was up to us to choose which one we wanted so we entered the jewelry store.

I chose a small silver necklace with a light blue diamond hanging from it. It was simple and sweet much like me.

~ Shays necklace ~

On the other hand my twin sister chose a small silver neckless with a blood red crystal hanging from it was also simple but it was sophisticated much like her

-Denice's Necklace-

We gathered all our stuff and headed back to the helicopter mom started it up and off we flew over the woods in the opposite direction from the way we came

"Mom where are we going?"

My sister shouted over the loud sounding helicopter a worried look on her face and our mother shouted back,

"to Dusk Manor where else my dear."