Ch24: Closer To Prom

YAY! Long chapter😘.
____________________________
-Denice's Pov- (unedited) 😳

The next following day I arranged a meeting with my mother and included Ray to come along. I couldn't find Shay this afternoon so Ray insisted on tagging along since she knows about this whole dance thing. We were both sitting on two chairs in front of a big oak desk that had one of those fancy chairs on the other side. I was thinking about early this morning when I went to wake up Carter from his deep sleep.

- early this morning -

"Carter my love, wake up." I whisper against his cheek giving him a peck. He smirks and turns over leaving me to face his back. I can tell he was playing that game again so I walked around the bed and see his face buried into a pillow. I remove the pillow from him and give him a kiss underneath his jawline, trailing kisses down his neck when I felt his hands grab my wrists. He quickly pulls me up to straddle him as he lays down flat on the mattress.

"You may want to stop doing that before I rip you're clothes off." His raspy morning voice said. I bite my lip and quickly kiss his nose.

"Well maybe I want you to," I smirked when his eyes shot open. I giggle at his shocked expression when he flips us over so he's hovering of me.

"I came to let you know I'm gonna talk to my mother this afternoon about getting both schools to attend this dance next week. Did you talk to you're father?" I ask, as he leans on his elbow and the other hand running his fingers through my hair. He made sure not to lean his entire weight on me so he gently kissed my lips.

"Okay I hope this works, and I gave him a brief talk about it but he was busy with paper work as usual. I'm sure he'll be down for this. I guarantee. But I'll make sure." He replies kissing my neck earning a giggle from me. I roll over again as I lay on top him resting my entire weight on him knowing it doesnt affect him. I stare into his deep brown eyes as he glides his fingers against my skin. He then rubs my sides lifting up my shirt a bit to feel my skin even more when I lay my head on his chest. I listen to his heartbeat quicken when he kisses my hair still running his hands on my back.

"I love this," I whisper.

"Being here with you without complications." I continue.

Carter flips us over again as I laugh wrapping my arms around his neck. He made sure to spread my legs so he was between so I wrapped my legs around his torso.

"Do you have any idea what you do to me, Denice Hastings?" Carter says after a moment.

"Tell me." I suggest, always wanting another piece of his mind any chance I can get.

He shakes his head, and kisses my lips before saying, "I don't even have words. How can I explain the beauty of a rainbow to someone blind? How can I explain the vastness of an ocean with only a drop of water? How can I explain something simple, yet it clouds my mind with everlasting wonder in how it could possibly even exist?" He takes a breath while he looks into my eyes then at my hair as he runs his fingers through like he loves to do. Then he looks into my eyes again and finishes saying, "How can I explain it with words so dulled in comparison to everything that you are? You are just that? Denice Hastings, you are absolutely everything."

I don't realize I'm crying until he wipes away a tear. I move my head and rub my eyes myself when I chuckle at this sweetest moment.

"Look at me, I'm crying. I look horrible sorry." I mumble as he takes my head into his hands.

"I think you look beautiful when you cry." He whispers and then suddenly kisses me as I deepen the kiss.

- end of moment -