Snitch

GrafenwöhrUS Army Training Area
Training Site 22
2/19th Company Area
West Germany
27 October, 1987
1710 Hours

I maneuvered through the gate, set up just like it was supposed to. Concertina wire in front, the middle, the back, having to be pulled aside. Then an 'S-bend' that prevented anyone from making a straight run at the camp.

Beirut taught everyone to pay attention to that. It only cost a couple hundred Marines.

Not that the civilians gave a damn. The Congressional inquiry had been largely kept quiet, but from what Stillwater said the people who ignored the intel and the requests had been offered early retirement or their pistols. The civilians who ignored it? Well, they couldn't be expected to have anything bad happen to them over a couple hundred Jarheads, could they? They just went right on doing whatever it was that civilians did.

Probably play with GI Joe figures and masturbate.

Group was running a field expedient ASP (Ammunition Supply Point) with spoked ATPs (Ammunition Transfer Points) for the stuff that could go off easier. They were pretty much supplying the artillery units and the tankers, with some infantry jumping on the boat to hit the range, since 2/19th was offering CS chamber qualification.

When I parked the vehicle Major Thursby was already standing next to the vehicle, waiting for me to get out.

"I'm gonna go see the CO," Stillwater said, getting out of the vehicle. His kneebrace squealed and he almost fell when he put his weight on his knee.

I'd have to report it.

'Well known snitch' indeed.

"So you're Corporal Cromwell," The Major said. I'd been warned she had tried to take my Corporal away three times, all three times Chief Warrant Officer Three Henley had landed on her with both feet.

"Yes, Ma'am," I said, reaching into the back and pulling my surgical bag out. I clomped my helmet on my head, shifted it, then snapped it before turning around, pulling my surgical bag over my shoulder. While she stood there I also pulled out my fast aid bag and pulled it over my head.

"Where's your weapon, Corporal?" She asked, looking me over for anything she could yell at me about.

"Left it at Atlas, Ma'am, as per SOP," I told her.

"You know, in the Army we salute superior officers," She snapped. I saw something over her shoulder that she had no idea was rumbling toward her.

No. I wasn't playing that. I stared her straight in the eyes. "A field exercise area is considered to be the equivalent of a combat zone, the kind of area I've been living since I returned from Special Weapons training. We do not salute in a combat zone, as that will identify an officer for any snipers in the area."

"Don't give me that shit, Corporal," she started.

"Get your goddamn sperm catcher of a face out of here, you dick polishing retard," Henley snapped from behind her.

The Major whipped around, looking angry, then saw who it was. She actually backed up fast enough that if I hadn't gotten out of the way, she'd have slammed into me. Instead she hit the side of the truck, staring at Henley like he was a live grenade.

"Chief, I didn't think..." she started.

"You female wanna-bes never fucking think about anything but the location of the next cock you can suck for a promotion," Henley snapped, reaching forward and grabbing her LBE. "Goddamn it, it's females like you that make it so that I regret every goddamn day that women were given the right to vote, much less serve in this man's Army."