The Unveiling || Sandra Grayson

Application deadline for the Sharing Nightmares Anthology is due and sorting would begin ASAP so be sure to look forward to something awesome ;)

In the meantime, we present to you our next guest writer for the Sharing Nightmares Anthology.r

=||=

Hello, I'm Sandra but I go by @SheHopes here on Wattpad

Hello, I'm Sandra but I go by @SheHopes here on Wattpad. I mostly write a mix of horror and mystery/thrillers. I joined Wattpad in 2014 and wrote my first story, Bones of the Demon King, in less than thirty days. To my amazement, I'm now a part of the Wattpad Stars program, have won a Watty, have had three of my stories featured, and have been a part of the promotional campaigns for the Paranormal Activity movie and more recently Fox TV's The Exorcist.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST POPULAR HORROR BOOK?

My most popular horror book is Bones of the Demon King. It's book one of a trilogy and despite its title, has nothing to do with demons. The Demon King is actually the name of a serial killer that leaves a crown of flowers on his victims while he searches for his queen. BOTDK follows reporter Eva Lewis as she attempts to increase her fame by covering his gruesome murders. Eventually, she flies on his radar and then all hell breaks loose. It was the first story I ever wrote in my life and was so much fun that I had to follow up with parts two and three.

 It was the first story I ever wrote in my life and was so much fun that I had to follow up with parts two and three

WHAT SCARED YOU MOST, BOTH AS A KID AND AN ADULT?

This is easy. I've always been afraid of the dark, heights, and flying roaches.

YOU ARE FIRMLY SET IN THE REALMS OF HORROR , WHAT THRILLS YOU ABOUT THE GENRE?

Horror is a special genre because at the end of the day, a writer has to tap into the fears of the reader to be successful. It's a heady thought- being able to connect with your readers on an emotional level. This may sound perverse, but it gives me extreme joy to hear from readers when something I wrote gave them nightmares or made them cry. Also, I love creating diabolical villains. Who doesn't?

HAVE YOU READ ANY STORIES HERE ON WATTPAD THAT'S GIVEN YOU THE CHILLS?

Quite a few but there are two authors that stand out for me in the horror arena. I would totally recommend anything by Shimaira and if you're feeling brave enough, kevinhog. These are two authors that hold nothing back. I've had chills, felt nauseas, and definitely squealed while reading their work.

WHAT'S YOUR TOP 5 THINGS TO DO FOR HALLOWEEN?

In no particular order...

1) Decorating the house

2) Eating candy

3) Playing Halloween music

4) Watching Halloween movies

5) Eating more candy