Chapter Two

Kavya and Myra's Room, Kapoor Mansion

Kavya is sitting on the queen-size bed with Nimrit besides and Ranveer facing her. He has a first aid box on his lap and Kavya's injured hand in his gentle hold. He is applying an ointment after cleaning her wound with extra care to avoid giving her any more pain. While Nimrit is holding her other hand.

Suddenly Ranveer asks with a mischievous smirk, "How many?"

Kavya smiles, while Nimrit shakes her head in disbelief, well aware of what Ranveer is asking and Kavya replies, "Only 4 slaps and 1 nose punch."

Ranveer chuckles in response and Nimrit comments, "Poor fellow."

But he corrects his wife, "He deserved it for the pain his parents are experiencing now."

He comments after facing his daughter, "So, good job."

Kavya smiles and he asks, "But now, let's discuss the dinner to be held tonight?"

She lowers her gaze, knowing the discussion relates to marriage and nods in approval. Ranveer caresses hand and Nimrit keeps Kavya's hand in a firm grip.

He states with a smile, "Let me assure you, me and your mother will not oppose your decision."

He faces Nimrit, who nods in confirmation and turns to face their daughter, before continuing, "So, if you think Armaan or his family are not good enough for this relation, then you can deny without hesitation. We only care for your happiness Princess, so don't let my business relation or any other reason affect your decision. You are our pride and not a burden. Alright?"

Kavya smiles after facing him and says, "I know Papa and I trust you and Mamma for considering Yash Uncle's proposal. I am sure, you must have taken care of every aspect before planning this dinner."

Ranveer replies with a smile, "Yes I did, but your opinion matters. So, think and decide."

Kavya assures him, "Ok."

Nimrit explains in a calm tone, "And Kavy marriage is a huge responsibility."

She caresses her hand and continues, "There will be new people, new relations and new responsibilities. Your life will change and whether you prefer it or not, everyone will have higher expectations from you, than your groom. So, you need to handle everything with patience and care."

Kavya nods in understanding and her mother continues, "Today, Armaan is a complete stranger for you and a single meeting is not enough to know someone, it takes time."

She faces her husband and informs with a smile, "We took 3 months to get comfortable with each other and adjust in our married life."

Ranveer smiles at her and Nimrit continues after facing Kavya, "Give enough time to let this relation grow. You will always be our daughter Kavy, but after marriage you will be recognized either by your husband's or in-law's name. So, try to become flexible and always analyse everything before reacting. Because whatever you do, it will have a direct impact on your husband and in-laws."

Kavya again nods in understanding and smiles recollecting her mother's dedication towards the family.

Nimrit is a lawyer by profession, but after Kavya's birth, she became a housewife, so she can raise her daughters well. She is available whenever Ranveer, Kavya or Myra needs her. She has proven to be the best wife and mother anyone can ask for.

Nimrit continues, "And remember, family comes first. Here you have the freedom to make your own decisions, but after marriage it's compulsory to include them as well. Even if you get freedom there, you will fulfill every duty of a wife and daughter-in-law each day. A wife is known as the better half of husband because we complete them and handle their family."