Chapter Three

Living Room, Kapoor Mansion

Ranveer is sitting on the couch, wearing the dark blue three piece suit, which Nimrit selected in the morning. He sees his wife approaching him, dressed in a peach designer saree, which has pearl work at the border. She wore a pearl necklace and applied least makeup with her hair tied in a neat bun. 

Ranveer smiles at her and compliments her flirtatiously, "You are looking gorgeous as always."

Nimrit's cheeks redden as she scolds her husband, "Ranveer, we have two grown-up daughters, stop with your flirting."

Ranveer stands up and responds,"Why? They are adults Nimrit, now we don't have to explain them, why I am flirting with my beautiful wife. They will understand and give us the needed privacy."

Nimrit rolls her eyes and comments, "Sometimes, I wonder what your age is? You are still childish."

Ranveer moves closer and says in a low flirtatious tone, "Children don't flirt, Mrs. Kapoor."

Nimrit blushes again, but a sweet, familiar voice disturbs their romantic moment, "Mamma, Papa how am I looking?"

Nimrit becomes alert and takes a step back to make the distance between them. Ranveer shakes his head at her reaction and they turn to find Myra coming closer. She is wearing a leopard print chiffon top and white pants with black stone stud earrings and similar stone bracelet. She didn't apply make-up and kept her hairs open, completing her natural look.

Ranveer smiles and compliments her when she reaches near him, "Like an angel."

Myra grins in response and Nimrit asks, "Did Kavy conceal her marks?"

Myra answers, "Yes, they are not visible now."

She nods in acknowledgement and excuses herself to check on the dinner arrangements, while Myra and Ranveer engage in casual talks.

At 7.30 pm, security guard informs Ranveer, the Raichands have arrived. He sends Myra to call Nimrit and turns to watch Yash appearing in the living room with Sonia beside and Armaan behind.

Yash wore a brown three piece suit with white shirt and dark brown tie beneath. Sonia wore a purple and white designer saree with diamond jewellery, which matched the white rhinestone work on her saree border. While Armaan wore a black suit with white shirt and dark grey tie beneath.

Yash moves towards Ranveer and they share a friendly hug with a smile. Ranveer greets, "Welcome Mr. Raichand."

Yash states, "Ranveer call me Yash, we will soon be relatives."

Armaan rolls his eyes in annoyance at his father's statement, though composes himself soon after seeing, Yash turn to face him. He places his hand over Armaan's back and pulls him ahead for the introduction, "Meet Armaan, my son."

Armaan forces a smile and forwards his hand for a formal handshake, making Ranveer frown at his behavious.

Yash feigns a fake smile, while assuring, "Don't be so nervous Son, your future father-in-law won't mind if you hug him."

Armaan looks at his father with surprise and raises his eyebrows, while Ranveer informs with a smile, "Of course I won't, relax Armaan I am not a strict father, I prefer to have a friendly approach with everyone."

Yash gestures with his eyes to hug him and Armaan reluctantly moves closer to hug Ranveer. They parted away and Armaan glances at Nimrit and Myra, who are approaching them. She smiles at them with a nod and Ranveer introduces the Kapoor ladies to the Raichands. Nimrit and Sonia share a hug, while Armaan forces a smile at them.