Chapter 17: The Fun House

The card appears in my hand before the lights go off. It's blank.

Have you ever been surrounded by complete darkness? Of course you have. But just imagine, it's completely dark and you're surrounded by clowns, dead people, and psychopaths.

Luckily, I'm able to see everyone's green shirts as they quietly move around. I'm looking for Caleb, but the more I stand there, the more everyone distances themselves from me.

I can't see that well and the soft footsteps behind me are definitely my cue to leave. I begin to do a quick walk away from the footsteps, but as I walk faster, they walk faster. In front of me is the fence, and once I pass it, I see a small square house of sorts. I hear the footsteps behind me now and decide to go inside of the house, or whatever it is. I walk through an open door. Once inside, I grab my mini flashlight and aim it in front of me.

The door behind me closes, but in front of me is another door. I almost drop my flashlight because, standing in the other room ahead, is something wearing a clown mask and dressed in a large yellow dress. It stares at me and laughs silently while pointing behind me. The door in front of me closes.

Behind me, I hear the doorknob turning

Behind me, I hear the doorknob turning. Out of fear, I open the door in front of me and close it. I shine the flashlight around the room, making sure no masked stranger is inside.

My flashlight slowly dies off. I bang it against my hand a few times, but it does not work. I don't move, when suddenly, I feel something cold dragging over my ankle. It feels like a necklace at first, then it gets heavier. I take a step back, only to feel another presence against my back. Whoever is behind me is crying and whimpering.

"Mommy? Is that you?" The voice is very unnatural. One would say it's the voice of a little girl, but behind it, I hear something darker. Dark and rough mixed in behind the voice of a little girl. My flashlight drops, then comes back on. Against the wall sits a little girl, naked, her body scratched and slit with something sharp.

I suck in air through my nose since I can't from my mouth. The girl is chained and a metal plate is hiding her eyes.

"Who's there!" she screams

"Who's there!" she screams. I hear moans coming from deep in her throat that sound like she's trying to growl. She holds up a knife and swings it around, yelling "Who's there! Who's there!" in her mixed voice.

I quickly run out of the room and back into the one I came from. Once I'm inside, someone wraps their hands around me. Tears fall from my eyes and my legs give away as we collapse to the floor. The light from his phone reveals his face. It's Jasper. Thank God, it's Jasper. He hugs me as I cry into his arm. His hands run through my hair and he begins patting my back, doing his best to comfort me.

He puts his finger to his lip, indicating that we have to be quiet. He turns off the light and we sit there until a dead body is found. I don't hear anything outside of the house we're in. Being in Jasper's arms is the most relieved I have felt in a while. I feel so safe with him.

"I found a dead body!" someone outside yells. It's Jerod. He found a body.

Jasper and I get up and run out of the house. The lights outside are on. I look behind me to see that I was in the fun house this whole time. In a flash, we're back in front of The Drop. I look around and make sure everyone is present. Jasper, Caleb, Doreen, Jerod, and Helena. They're all there.

Mr. Harmon appears in front of us, smiling. Abby looks at me and smiles. "You're doing well," she says to me. I look away.

Our stitches fall off. "So," Mr. Harmon says, "who was the murderer?"

I look around and see that my mother and father are no longer in the game.

"It was Abby," Jerod says.

Abby nods and looks at him. "Correct." She looks at me and I become very disgusted. I would love to wipe that grin clean off her face.

"Alright," Mr. Harmon says. The strings slide through our lips again. "Lights off, begin," he says.

My card is blank but as I look up I see that Doreen is pretty shocked.