•C h a p t e r E l e v e n•

"We carry on through this storm, tired soldiers in this war, remember what we're fighting for."

C h a l l e n g i n g   T h e   A l p h a

C h a p t e r   E l e v e n

*please vote and comment*

///

I feel my heart beat erratically as I try my best to pull myself together.

Bryce comes up beside me and bumps my shoulder with his comfortingly. Bryce has a small smile on his face which confuses me greatly until I hear a very familiar chuckle that I fell in love with.

I turn to see Rowan smiling on the ground with his beautiful eyes shining in humor.

H-how? He was just d-dead?

"Really? You seriously think I wouldn't expect a low-blow?" Rowan asks while standing up and brushing dust off him. Rowan's eyes are trained on Jay's who's narrowing his eyes.

"B-but your heart stopped." I stutter while staring at my best-friend, my lover.

Rowan smiles sadly at me before sinking. "It's a secret Maddi cat, now are you going to signal war or are we going to chitchat all day?" Rowan asks with a smirk.

Still confused I roll my eyes at him before glaring at Jay. "May the blood of your pack members fall onto my hands." I seethe.

        Screams are outraged as I flick my wrist signaling my warriors to battle. We run as if fire is burning behind us, we all have a common need; to have Jay's blood on our hand. The only thought in my head is Jay's head in my hand as a trophy. Rowan haunts the back of my mind as I watch him race off towards some of Jay's pack members. I don't have time to watch him as a wolf knocks me down. My breath is stolen from me as the wolf pins me down and bares his teeth in my face. I growl back at him and buck my hips upwards and turn the position around. I sink my teeth into his neck and don't let go until the sickening yet satisfying snap is heard.

I get off the wolf and search for a new enemy to slaughter. I run towards the closest opponent which so happens to be a golden wolf with bright yellow eyes. He's pretty large but nothing I can't handle. My body slams into a male wolf who was not expecting my sudden attack. As quickly as possible my wolf growls in rage before sinking her teeth into the wolfs neck. Instantly killing him, a satisfied feeling swells within me causing an evil smirk to plaster on my face in the back of my wolfs mind.

I turn to my left to see two wolves attacking Bryce who's dealing with it pretty well but could use some help. I attack the buff, brown wolf who already has injuries on her side. The female is strong but she's too predictable which makes her weak. My wolf and the large brown wolf battle with one-another causing tuffs of fur to float in the air. The brown wolf managed to tear some flesh off of my right side causing blood to trickle down. I swipe the wolfs face with my flaws causing a horizontal cut to gush with blood. The whimpers turn into growls as our wolves snap at each other's faces. The she-wolf uses her front legs to shove me away before she stands on her hind legs and swipes down on my face. I easily dodge her and stand on my two hind legs. We battle with one-another as I put my weight on her, surprisingly she holds me and herself up as she tears into my side flank. I grow irritated and decide to do it the easy way and break out of the wrestling match and use my hind legs to power kick her in the side causing her to go tumbling away from me. One of my pack members sink their teeth into her neck. The she-wolf cries out before going limp.