Chapter 7

Paytah

I'm about to punch Hanson in the balls.

He sees the anger on my face and stops talking for a moment, maybe realizing that I could burn him alive at any moment. Or maybe he knows that I would be killed anyway if I did that.

Fuck it, kill me then. As long as Hanson goes down with me.

"I just want you to ponder it, Paytah. You're one of the smartest of the bunch, so I respect your decisions, but you're one of the few that's not on my side."

"Why would I be on your side when you did this to us in the first place."

"It's for the better, you have to know that I did this for a very good reason."

"Yeah, and you killed hundreds in order to do so."

He sighs, but then smiles. "You are difficult, that's for sure."

"And you're a murderer." I say, and his eyes harden.

"Let's not forgot the people you killed." He says, and the car stops. He walks out the door before I could tell him he was the reason I had to kill.

But he's right, nonetheless. And I hate him for it.

***

I spent a good hour burning down old buildings to ashes. Everyone watches in awe as the fire flows from my hands, smoke coming off of my body like sweat. And I am sweating; the fire is hot, the weather humid. They have me stop after an hour and said they will bring others to do more.

They guide me back to the car, but then comes another car. Out comes Lana, looking annoyed as they guide her. We walk past and she smiles at me.

"Always trying to stop your flames, fire boy."

"You know I always win." I say, and suddenly the people guiding us stops. They don't say a word, they don't tell us to stop talking.

Maybe they want us to talk to each other.

And I realize they've never seen it. They've never seen us four talk to each other, besides watching us though the tv screen. It's sick, how they think we're some sort of animals; how they watch our every move and every word.

Lana doesn't seem to care.

And I don't give a damn either.

"Did Aira apologize." Lana asks quietly, although it's obvious everyone is listening.

"Somewhat." I say. "I think she was just stressed, didn't know what was coming out of her mouth."

"Then I don't know how she's going to be, this whole thing is filled with stress." She says, and I nod.

We stand there while everyone else pretends to be busy, although they are listening.

"Be careful, alright?" Lana says.

"Why?" I ask, looking at her strangely.

"Just take my word for it. Don't do anything stupid." She says, and I know what she is telling me is secret. I'm still confused, but I nod. What does she mean though?

"Nobody will be there for you, Juris and Aira are gone too. Be smart..." she pauses, "Im sick of saving your sorry ass."

Something is wrong. Really wrong. And Lana probably isn't allowed to say it. She's trying to warn me.

I look straight at her, trying to tell her with my eyes that I understand.

"See ya, apparently I gotta put water on your stupid flames or whatever." She says, and Lana starts to walk herself, with the people scrambling behind her.

Something is wrong.

She said to not do anything stupid.

But she should know by now that I don't listen very well.

***

It seems normal, when I get back into the dome. People with cameras scurry over to me, trying to get a picture. I duck my face and rush in the door. I watch as the door closes, people resting against the dome looking at me, yelling my name. I stare back blankly for a while, then turn around at head to my room to relax.

I'm still not totally healed, and I haven't told anyone about it. The scars are now forming, the bruises fading but still noticeable. I need sleep, I haven't had much for a few weeks.

But as I walk to the building, I sense someone coming. Running, actually.

And a punch knocks me to the floor.

Hands wrap around my throat, their body towering over mine. My vision clears, and I see a man over me, his wild green eyes staring down at mine, hands tightening. I manage to throw a punch at his jaw, and his grip loosens just enough for me to get somewhat loose. I try to sit up, but thick vines wrap around my arms, and the man throws a punch at my cheek, causing me to taste blood immediately. He pinches my nostrils and covers his hand over my mouth.

"You fucked everyone up! You four n-need to fucking die!" The man yells. I gasp for air, trying to burn him, but he's gone crazy, not even noticing the flames.

Shit.

Images flash into my mind. My mothers evil smirk, Hanson's wicked experiment, this mans crazy eyes.

They kill.

He's going to kill me.

I'm on the verge of passing out; his hands are held forcefully over my nose and mouth, not letting any air in me.

Be careful. Lana said.

She was warning me. Warning me that more people want us dead than we think. That they are in the dome with us.

I gasp in a huge breath as the mans hands are pried off me. I lay on my back, sucking in air, my throat dry and burning. I hear a commotion but can't comprehend what is happening, not until I've laid there for a minute and regain my strength.

Another hand rests on my head, a face looking down at me. It's another man; dark blue eyes, dark brown hair, and a sad smile on his face. He runs his hand through my hair, and I'm about to push him off me, but I'm too weak. My vision clears up, though, and I blink a few times.

"You're okay. Get back to your room, get some rest." He says, and he stands up and walks away, just like that. I force myself to sit up faster than my body wanted to allow, but I can't help but stare at the man who is now already long gone.

I assumed he was a bad man, I assumed he was dead. I assumed I wouldn't even recognize him if I ever saw him again.

My mother has tried to kill me.

And now my father is trying to save me.

••••••

Hello!!!

I KNOW I HAVENT BEEN POSTING FOR A WHILE!!

😬😬 thanks for hanging in there guys!! I'm sorry I am slacking, I will try my best to keep posting chapters!

HOPE U LIKED IT! Sorry it was rushed, I just wanted to post a chapter for you guys!

Please vote and comment :)

Thank you!!