Chapter 20

AUTHORS NOTE: NEVERMIND. Heyo my dear readers, I just want to say thank you to all of you because you are all amazing! 

Also, I will be editing this because I can't find a good ending! grrr

~C

Chapter 20

"What are you so happy about?" Bex demanded as McGonagall ranted about how you should flick your want to the left when transfiguring a mug into a plate. 

I tilted my head, thinking. I suppose kissing Malfoy might be part of the problem. His lips were soft, and werent cold as one might expect. I think I always had an illusion o him being cold. Then again, I couldn't have know before since I always kept my distance so to please my dad. 
"It's just a happy day." I said vaguely scribbling down some notes on my parchment.

I could hear Bex breathing out frustratedly and writing roughly on her parchment. She then proceed into ripping it off and passing it to me. 

My desire to read that paper was rather low, but I don't think Bex would take it well if I didn't so I picked it up and read. 'Not a good day.' she had undelined not about a thousand times and looked really annoyed as she stared ahead, her glare could almost kill. Scorpius sat up front and I kept glancing at him every one in a while. Then I would pinch myself for being silly. 

I guess I'm going mad. 
But then again, 'All the Best people are." I thought quoting one of my favourite muggle story books- Alice in Wonderland. 

Dad would understand if I became closer to Scorpius. I'm sure he would. I mean, he's my Dad. Right? 

Oh who am I kidding, he wouldn't.

"Now, before you pack up." McGonagall's voice inturrupted my mixed thoughts. Everyone stopped packing. I guess only the headmistress has the power to stop people from silently and secretly slipping things into their bags. "I'd like to inform you all about a Charity Christmas ball we are having this year." 

This piece of news obviously sent murmers rippling through the class. "So that you all get practiced at ballroom dancing and don't look like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons when you are required to dance, possibly at the Yule ball. And not to worry," she added hastily, walking around the wooden desk ,"It will be hosted before the holidays so that no one misses it." 

That seemed to brighten up Bex's agenda. Her eyes sparked and her mouth turned up, like when she's planning something. And I am quite certain all she was thinking of were shops at Hogsmeade she could drag me to.

We all stood up and ambled out of the room, Bex talking exitedly by my elbow. "Merlin's pants! We're having a ball! Isn't that fantastic? And we have a Hogsmeade weekend just now so we can buy dresses and all those things- I think you" I nodded along, wondering what was bad in this day which had left Bex so dark before. 

Albus walked up on my other side and seemed to be as happy as me and Bex were. "Hello." he said cheerfully. 

"Hi, Albus!" Bex chirped. Well, it seems like these two are talking again. Leon passed discreatley by us, his head hung rather low. His eyes didn't meet Bex's. Or ours, for that fact. 

I glanced at Bex. Her cheerfullness had faded and her eyes folowed Leon rather depressingly. 

I notice Albus's eyes swooping back and forth between them, as mine were. Both of us turned around to face Bex. She was staring miserably at the stone floor. 

I sighed out and grabbed her wrist dragging her towards the Grand Hall. "Rose! Rose, what areyou doing?!" Bex demanded as she struggled to release my grip. 

"Well this ocassion obviously requires ice cream. Or chocolate cauldrons, at the least." 

Albus starting getting the trach of things and took Bex's other wrist. She dug her heels into the ground stubbornly. "And where exactly do you think we're getting that?!" she inquired sadistically while pulling restlessy at our grasp.