Chapter 3: No Angel

Kendra sitting there doing coke was not what I wanted to see. This girl is pregnant! Why is she doing this to herself. And then in my man's house at that. Why would Tre not tell me about this. I stared at her for some time while she stared back. It was a very awkward silence really. I just couldn't believe my eyes. Thats when Tre spoke. "Zee, talk to your friend. I'll be in my room because you two ... I can't do this anymore. Talk". Tre went into his room and slammed the door. I asked Londyn if she could step out for a minute while we talk. Kendra and I sat in silence for a minute and then she finally spoke.

"Listen Zee, I have a lot on my mind". "Clearly. To the point where you're doing coke. I mean, why you ain't just come talk to me Ken". "Because you're always worried about your damn self. You only worry about which guy you're giving a chance this time or your roommate situation or, just things that deal with Zee period. Like the world doesn't revolve around you". "How have I been worried about myself when your situation came up I made sure you was straight". "Have you checked on me since then?". "No". "Have you called?". "No". 

"You don't even know that me and Ty aren't seeing eye-to-eye right now. But you're able to go to him for advice and kiss on him though right?". "Wait, Ken it wasn't like that". "I know what it was like. But my whole thing with you is, you don't care about no one but yourself. That's it". "Why didn't you just come to me". "I TRIED! It's kinda hard when your best friend is ignoring your phone calls. Look, all I'm asking for is support. I'm seven months pregnant, me and Ty arguing here and there, I need you Zee. That's the only reason why I've been over here talking to Tre. I knew it would get to you. I told him not to tell you anything and to never tell you when I'm here".

I feel bad. I didn't know I was being this much of a bad friend towards her. My life is crazy enough and the only person who's been here throughout the ride is Ken. So I need to suck my pride up and apologize. "Ken, I'm sorry. I should have been there for you. I never should have neglected you like that. But this, this right here is not the answer. Please throw this shit away". "Oh, this my first time. I was just about to try it before you walked in. But I'm glad you did because this could have killed my baby". "You think".

Me and Kendra hugged it out and everything was semi-back to normal. I told Londyn and Tre to come back in the room and then I introduced Londyn. "Oh, so you the bitch who thought was gonna take my place huh," Kendra said. "What? Girl bye," Londyn said. "Girl I'm just playing. Come here and give me a hug". The mood and vibes were all right. That's when I told Tre to come talk to me in his room. I just wanted to let him know that me and D were moving forward and that there shouldn't be any hard feelings between me and him. 

"First of all Zee, I don't understand how you expect me to sit back and be cool with this. For one, I will fuck him up. And for two, you don't really want him. You want me. Now text him and tell him it's over so we can go head and get this popping". "Boy, move back. I'm serious. I still love him. I love you too, but, you're not honest with me like you should. And I can't keep putting myself through this". "You're not putting yourself through anything. I'm here for you more than that nigga is if you want to be honest. Zee, stop playing and call him before I do". "Tre, stop. Now if you don't want to be friends still then fine. But I'm moving forward with him so deal with it. Now I would love too still be friends but if you can't, then fuck it". "No, I can. I just can't handle seeing you with someone else. I feel like, you're mine and only mine. No one deserves you like I do baby".

We hugged after that and went back into the room. After about an hour of talking and chilling, Londyn and I went back to the dorm to get some rest. Kendra went back home to Ty to work things out and get it together. I hope they get their shit together because Ty is a really good guy for her. The next day, I went to go meet up with D after class in his dorm. I waited outside of his door until he showed up, but Gavin beat him too it. "Hey Gavin". "Oh, why you here?".

"Waitin' on D". "He told me you wasn't coming". "What you mean?". "Man, I don't want to tell you what he said. That's messy". "Just go on". "Well, he told me that this other girl was coming over. He didn't say you". "What?". "Yeah. I even asked him. I said 'who Zenia?'. He said 'Nah, some other chick name Paige'". "Are you serious?". "Dead ass baby. But, you still want to come in?". "No, I'm fine. Tell him I'll catch up with him later".

I went straight to my dorm to cry. I'm just tired of all the bullshit. I can't trust anyone and don't know who's telling me the truth, who's lying, who wants me for me, I don't know anything. This is all overwhelming. D calls me a couple times, but I didn't answer. He texted me and asked me where I was, so I responded finally. He ended up coming to my dorm and there we talked.

"What's wrong? Why wasn't you at my room?" he said. "Well, I got tired. I was napping when you called so I'm sorry". Yeah, I lied. I wanted to find out the truth myself rather than ask him and he lies. So afterwards, we just cuddled on the bed. "You feel like taking a shower with me?" he asked me. "Uh, sure I guess. You going in first?". "Duh. Watch out. Let me grab  towel". He got undressed and walked into the bathroom to turn the shower on.

I got undressed and had a towel covering me. "Babe, you want me to go head and get in?" he asked. "Yeah, give me a minute. Go head". He went in the shower and I decided to just go through his phone. Why not. I Went through his text messages to find anything that was crazy or out of the ordinary. Most of his texts were deleted which irritated me. Next thing you know, a call was coming in. The number wasn't saved. I hesitated and then just decided to answer. When I picked up the phone, I didn't say anything. I let them speak first. 

"Hello? D? D?". It was a females voice. "D? Where you at? I'm waiting for you. I been sitting here for some hours now. C'mon stop playing and say something. Hello?". It took me a while before I said anything. In my mind, I'm questioning who was waiting on him. What female is waiting on him and for what reason. When I spoke, I tried to sound like D as much as I could. I just deepened my voice was all. "Who is this". "D, stop playing. Now you know this is Paige" ...