Rose and Jackson

"Help," I heard for the thousandth time this morning. At first I thought I was dreaming the little voice from under me whispering for help but now that I was more awake I could tell the voice wasn't a dream. 

"So...heavy.."

I stretched out my arms and legs before opening my eyes. With a big yawn I got up from the bed and looked around the room.

"Oh, I can breath," I heard from under me.

My vision was a little blurry but when I looked under me I saw Jackson.

"Jackson, did you just call me....heavy?"

His eyes widened and jumped up the bed like a mad man.

"No! Wh-why would I do that? Its not like your fat or anything! Your perfectly an 'okay' weight, I think? You body is perfect, you don't have to worry about being heavy. I'm just a kid, I think everything is heavy! Yesterday I couldn't even pick up my backpack!"

It was kind of funny to see Jackson so flustered. He even called himself a 'kid' which he would never do.

"Don't worry Jackson," I got up from the bed and made my way to the restroom. "Its not like I actually care if I'm heavy."

I left the restroom door open as I stared at the mirror. Having wild hair while awake is simple because I can easily tame it by putting it in a ponytail, but at night my hair seems to get loose. It leads to the worst bed hair imaginable. I guess I'll have to take a shower.

Shower.

Do I even remember how to use a shower?

"Hey, Jackson," I called out.

Jackson entered the restroom slowly and stopped next to me. "Yea?"

I inspected him for a little awhile. He had dirt on his face and around his neck.

I turned my attention back to the mirror and noticed I had some dirt around my cheek and forehead. I even had dried spit on the side of my lip, oh how pretty I look in the mornings.

"We need a shower."

I looked over to Jackson and all he did was stare off to nowhere.

After what seemed forever he finally looked up to me. "How....how do you take a shower."

Oh right. He hasn't taken a real shower since he was six. He has only been limited to taking baths in lakes.

"Its simple, its like take a bath in the lake, only the water comes down to you like a water fall. That's the only difference, we still use shampoo and soap."

He nodded in understanding. "Do you know how to use a shower?"

"Yes and no," I walked over to the shower with Jackson to my side. "Some showers are different," I said as I opened the curtain revealing a shower filled with...umm 'water sprayers' in every direction. Some on the wall, on the ceiling, and on the floor. There was three turning things and a button.

What the hell is this?

"Rose."

"Yes?"

"We need help."

"We do."

....

....

I looked over to Jackson expecting him to have left already. "Well?"

He looked at me like I was stupid. "Well what?"

"Aren't you going to find help?"

"No way! I'm not going to go out to find 'help' from anyone in this stupid pack," he said as he crossed his arms around his chest.