To say goodbye (part 2)

I looked up and all I saw was a white cealing. Where was I?

Watching the cealing was the only thing I could seem to do, my body didn't want to move from this position.

I felt at peace like this.

"How long are you going to lay down there, honey?" I voice asked from somewhere in the white cubed room.

"I don't know."

I felt like I belonged here, like this. My life was a huge puzzle and I found the last missing piece right here.

"Doesn't your friend need you?"

"Who?"

Soon a head popped up above my head. "Rose and Olive. Your friends."

The woman above me looked beautiful, she had on a white dress and had long hair that matched mine. "Rose and Olive?"

"Yes. You don't remember them?"

"I don't think so."

She smiled. "That tends to happen the first time you are here."

"I'm sorry but where exactly am I?"

"The gate to peace, we are not at peace yet but very close."

"I'm dead?"

She laughed. "No darling. Besides I don't believe Rose would be okay with that happening."

"Are you dead?"

She nodded but her smile didn't fade.

"Then why are you here?"

She moved from above me to sitting down next to me. "Just waiting."

"On who?"

"My kids."

I nodded in understanding. "If I'm not dead then why I am I here?"

"This isn't just the gate to peace, it's also the line between life and death."

"So I'm going to die?"

"Maybe."

I sighed and sat up. "Why are you here? You can't be the only dead person waiting for their family members."

She shock her head. "I'm not. It's just, you were one of the people I was waiting for."

My eyebrows drew together. "I'm sorry but I don't know who you are, ma'am."

She smiled but I can tell she was forcing it. "That's okay. Do you at least know who you are?"

I tried to think about it but nothing hit me. "No, ma'am."

"Well, your name is Jackson."

"Jackson," I repeated. It sounds right. I nodded and looked up at the woman. "What's your name?"

"It's not important, just know that you have friends that are relaying on you right now. You need to get to them, now."

I sighed, and laid down again. "But I kind of like it here."

As soon as I said those words a sharp pain cursed through my chest making me gasp and shot straight up. "What was that?"

"Someone is trying to take you back. But it's up to you whether you want to go or not," the woman explained.

I touched my chest. "Who is trying to take me back?"

The women looked up to the cealing. "I think it may be Olive and if you succeed with your mission then it could possibly be Rose."

"My friends, right?"

She nodded and looked me in the eyes. "Olive and Rose care about you very much, remember that. It's up to you to go back to them or to stay here."

I thought about those names. Rose and Olive. "They care about me?"

"Yes, they do."

"Then I guess I know what my decision is," I said quietly.

She grinned. "Then go to them."

I stood up and the cealing broke into pieces. And I knew what I had to do. "Thank you."

"Goodbye, Jackson."

I looked at the woman and knew what I had to say.

"I'll see you soon, mom."