Chapter 31

CHILD OF A PROPHECY
ASTER's POINT of VIEW

Tumango naman si Circe. "Yes... what Poseidon knows now is that Diane is her daughter, but no. Diane is only a half-blood daughter of Artemis. Poseidon would kill Llyr if he knew. You must not let him k-know."

Poseidon will kill Llyr becuase he is afraid to be overthrown?

"What is he doing now?" tanong ko.

Pumikit si Circe, at nagsimulang bumangon mula sa pagkakahiga niya.

"Hindi ko rin alam. Hindi ko nga alam kung s'an niya napulot na anak niya si Diane. Who the hell told that to h-"

Natigilan kami nang makarinig ng isang malakas na splash ng tubig. It came from near the seas. Was that caused by the Rebels? Where are they, anyway?

At alam kaya ni Llyr na isa siyang pureblood?

"Take my wand, daughter of Apollo. This shall keep the prophesied son safe. Just chant this, κρύβω την αλήθεια."

κρύβω την αλήθεια? If translated, that means 'conceal the truth.'

"To whom shall I chant it?" tanong ko. "Kay Llyr?"

Tumango naman siya, at tinulak na ako palayo. "They must be here. I'll just regain energy, and I'll follow."

Tumayo na ako at iniwan na si Circe d'on. Minabuti kong pakinggan ang paligid, and I could hear faint voices far south. I wonder what my Dad is doing?

I made big leaps towards the direction of the voices. Tumingin ako sa daan, at sinundan na rin ang foot prints. I just hope I won't be too late.

Napansin kong ang butterfly sa tip ng wand ni Circe ay naging kahel ang kulay. Puti 'yon kanina, ah?

Natigilan ako nang mabasa ang aking mukha.

"What are you doing, Poseidon?!" I heard my dad say. Kinusot ko ang mata ko, at tumakbo na sa direksyon ng pinagmulan ng boses.

"Stay out of this, Apollo."

Then, I saw Diane around a water ball or bubble. Nakalutang ang bubble sa ere, at tila walang malay si Diane sa loob. I noticed that she was holding Artemis' bow and arrow. Did she see her?

"She's a Semideus. You should be protecting them, Posei-"

"And let your twin sister vanish, Apollo?"

Natigilan naman kaming lahat dahil sa biglaang sabi ni Poseidon. Then, he smirked and looked at Diane.

"You won't find Artemis because her powers have transferred to her daughter, Diane. That also means that she has lost her physical body. She can only return if her daughter dies. That is her vow to Styx."

"W-what?" nanatiling nakaawang ang bibig ni Damon dahil sa gulat.

Keep the moon alive, or make a new moon rise. 'Yon ang ibig sabihin n'on? Mas humigpit ang hawak ko sa wand ni Circe.

I stared at Diane, and noticed that something indeed has changed within her. She must have summoned Artemis' bow and arrow because she has her powers now... but how?

"Ako rin ang nagnakaw ng Ambrosia sa Golden Hind. It is to keep Artemis alive. Once her daughter eats the ambrosia, she will have the energy to receive Artemis' powers. And it happened now-"

"I-Ikaw 'yon?" Poseidon was that 'someone else' in Hebe's island?

Tumango naman siya. "I knew from the start that Diane was Artemis' daughter. His father was a mentee of mine."