Chapter 39

REVELATIONS
ZEREF's POINT OF VIEW

The small rocks crumbled, and the pathway was opened once again. The fire in the torches became dimmer— with less light. Nawala na ang boses, at nawala na rin ang glow sa marka ni Diane sa likod ng kamay niya.

I was still worried for Diane, and for some of us, it still hasn't sunken in our minds. She was going to die. On the other thought, everyone was meant to die.

The butterfly in Circe's wand flew again, and it showed the way. Sinundan lamang namin 'yon hanggang sa lumiko na kami sa kung saan saang daan. If it wasn't for the butterly, we would have got lost.

"Jeez, where are we headed na ba?" tanong ni Irish na halatang pinapagaan na ang atmosphere.

Circe answered, "Malapit na naman siguro tayo. Be aware of the surroundings."

The wind slowly shifted from cold to warm to hot. Pinagpawisan agad kami, at naramdaman ko namang hindi na nakalahilo ang hangin. Tinanggal ko na ang tela sa mukha ko.

"Zeref..." naningkit na naman ang mata ko nang marinig ang boses ng mortal mother ko.

"Do you hear that?" tanong ko sa kanila. Si Mam- Damon naman ang unang sumagot na naririnig din nila. Then, everyone heard it too.

"Zeref, my child." Napalingon ako sa direksyon ng boses. There were three pathways now. One to the right, to the left and straight ahead.

Surprisingly, it came from the back.

"Do you think it's the oracle, Circe?" tanong ni Aster. The butterfly stopped moving and returned to the wand again.

Circe sighed, "Hindi ako sigurado. But there must be something about the voice."

"Zeref..."

"That is my mother's voice, Circe," saad ko. Her mouth formed an 'o'.

"Then, it must be the oracle. Or she knows something that needs to be told. How long was it since she died, Zeref?"

Nagkibit-balikat ako, "Hindi ko na naalala, but it's before I came to the Olympian World. The last thing she said was that I was related to Zeus. I presumed that he is my father."

"Then there must be another revelation. If a shade does not go to the afterlife, she missed to do something important. Once, she does it, she will go to the Afterlif-"

"No... I can't go to the Afterlife. Hear me, son. Hear my words..."

Nagtaka naman ako nang biglang sa ibang dirkesyon na nagmula ang boses. May malakas na sipol ng hangin ang umalingawngaw sa pathway.

"'Nu 'yon?" sambit ni Gideon.

"W-what is it, Mother?" tanong ko. The whistle of the wind became quiet, and now became a calming sound. The torches suddenly ran out of fire.

"You are a child of a prophecy too, my son."

A child of a prophecy? Which prophecy?

"Long ago, Cronus was prophesied by Gaia and Uranus— that he shall be overthrown by a son. And after ages, Zeus overthrew him."

"Yes, we are aware of that-" naputol naman ang sinasabi ni Circe nang biglang ituloy ng ina ko ang sinasabi niya.

"That prophecy isn't dead."

"Then are you saying that Zeus will be able to defeat Cronus, again?" tanong ni Aster. "Is he the answer to this?"

Then, silence strenched the crypt. Hindi sumagot si Mama, at tanging katahimikan lang ang napuno sa loob ng ilang minuto. Does silence mean yes?