chapter 6

dan's p.o.v.

He left 10 voice messages. I don't know how he managed to get my number, but he did. Funny thing is, it's been 4 years and I still haven't returned to my family home. Perhaps it's the bad memories in it, or maybe I'm still afraid of him. Either way, I don't plan on going back anytime soon. I know for sure that I'll have to eventually face my father again, but I'm not even close to the state of mind I need to be able to talk to him. If I saw him today, I don't think I'd be able to restrain myself from doing something I'll most likely regret. 

Ever since I woke up to see that, I couldn't stop shaking. I texted Phil 15 times, although I don't think he's awake yet. 

I check the clock that sits on my wooden nightstand. The glowing white numbers read 4:30AM. Fuck. I toss and turn until my phone buzzes. It's Phil.

third-person

Phil's eyes widen at Dan's messages. 

dan: phil

dan: phil

dan: phil

dan: help

dan: my father called

dan: are you awake?

dan: please

dan: i can't stop shaking

dan: phil 

dan: i probably don't make any sense i'm sorry for spamming you

dan: i just really need to hear from you

dan: phil

dan: phil

dan: phil help me

dan: help

The vocalist quickly typed back.

phillion: i'm coming over 

Phil hurriedly grabbed his glasses and slipped on a pair of shoes before bolting over to Dan's apartment, his hair a mess. He knocked on the door and waited while Dan looked through the peephole cautiously. 

The brunet slowly opened the door. After Phil stepped inside, Dan paranoidly locked the three locks behind him, his eyes wide with fear.

Phil noticed the dark bags underneath Dan's eyes. He also looked as though he had been crying earlier, as his eyes were red and puffy. The ebony-haired man reached out his arms to pull Dan to his chest.

Dan rested his head on Phil, letting the beat of his heart calm him down. 

"I'm sorry for waking you," Dan whimpered, staring at the ground. He noted that Phil was wearing Star Wars pajama pants. He must've rushed over here right when he woke up. The realization only left Dan feeling guiltier about swamping Phil with his texts.

Phil only held Dan closer, breathing in his sweet scent. He only let the frail boy go when he felt Dan begin to step away.

"Thank you for that, Phil," Dan murmured quietly. 

"Anytime, Dan. Do you wanna talk about it?" Phil asked gently, his eyebrows knitted in worry.

"Y-Yeah, if you don't mind listening to me ramble," Dan replied, awkwardly guiding the raven-haired man to a couch in his living room. 

Once the two sat down, Dan started, being careful to leave out the reason why his dad had abused him. When the brunet had finished, Phil took his hands in his.

"You shouldn't face him if you aren't comfortable, Dan. Besides, he deserves more than a punch in the face. I know it gets tiring hearing people apologize for the past, but what your dad did was horrible. You don't have to forgive him if you don't want to. Hell, he's lucky if you decide to forgive him." Phil stared deeply into the familiar beautiful chestnut-brown eyes. 

"C-Can you listen to his voicemails with m-me?" Dan inquired softly, his gaze flickering to the floor before brown met blue again.

"Of course," Phil replied decisively. He wanted to keep a steady facade on for Dan, as he knew that the other man was far from steady at the moment. Phil wanted to keep Dan grounded.

Dan forced a small smile as he picked up his phone. After a few taps, the voicemails began to play.

"Hey Dan. I know it's been a while since I've last seen you, but I'd like to meet up."

******

author's note // when you realized that you just watched a kid's show bc d+p voiced in it and then decide to post a super short and shitty chapter lmao