Chapter 19

Nine's POV:

This is why Max and I are good friends.

She can resurrect anyone first and she goes with Sandor? This is amazing!

"Where are we going to find a rainbow?" Six asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"We can make one. Out of water and the sun," Max answers.

"We won't have to," I tell them, pointing to Lake Michigan. A small rainbow is curling near the edge of the lake by the mist.

"Alright, let's go," Six exclaims, clapping her hands once. We both start towards the lake when Max stops us.

"Wait. What about the Mortals?" She asks and I look around. There are tons of people here to see us talking to someone else in a rainbow, and I don't think the Mist will be enough to cover it up.

We all pause to think for a moment- where else can we make a rainbow without anyone around to see us?

That's when we hear the blast of a Mogadorian cannon.

Max, Six, and I all duck in reflex. The red ball from a Mogadorian cannon whips right over our heads and hits the ground feet away from us with a bang.

People from all around us scream and scatter. Not one person stays behind or records this. Finally, people come to their senses.

I take out my staff, Six unsheathes her Mogadorian sword, and Max takes out a pitch black dagger similar to John's, the handle embedded in Loralite. I saw her pull that out of her chest before we left to the airport.

"Guess we'll have to wait for the rainbow-hunting till later," Max mutters and charges at the upcoming Mogadorians. A weird thing I noticed is that they won't kill her. They need her alive for some odd reason.

I swing my pipe staff at the nearest Mog who turns to ash. I automatically go for the second while trying to contact Ella.

Ella? Can you hear me? If you can, there's a little battle going on down here, so bring the others.

I dodge a bullet from a pistol and crash my pipe staff into the nearest Mogadorian's skull.

This is going to be fun.

Ella's POV:

"Guys! Nine just told me there's a battle going on!" I yell at the others, which gains their full attention.

"Alright then, let's go!" John orders us. Everyone nod their heads and hurry out the door. We cram into the elevator down the hall and John presses the button for the main lobby. The elevator quickly goes down a hundred stories down and slowly opens its doors to reveal the main lobby, where people are hiding with wide eyes at the sounds of cannons and guns being fired from outside.

We all rush out of the elevator and out the front doors, where we head towards Lake Michigan and see Six, Nine, and Max fighting off a large horde of Mogadorians.

"Alright. Let's do this," Eight says aloud and teleports towards the nearest Mogadorian with his sword unsheathed. The rest of us charge at the Mogadorians with our weapons drawn. I drive my Mogadorian dagger into the heart of the nearest Mog, who explodes into a cloud of ash that floats harmlessly to the ground.

Let's finish this battle.

Max's POV:

John rushes to my side with his diamond edged Loric dagger drawn. He slashes at a Mogadorian closing in on him and stops next to me, hurling fireballs at faraway Mogs, which painfully reminds me of Leo.