Chapter 23

Max's POV:

We head out after a few minutes, talking to our Cêpans and telling them everything that's happened.

I don't tell Conrad that the Mogadorians what to experiment on me. I can't risk telling him in front of everyone. I haven't told anyone, not John or Nico or Reyna. Not even Percy, but I will tell Conrad. He'll know what to do.

I spot Hilde walking a bit behind, looking almost solemn.

I give Conrad a quick smile and head towards Hilde. She looks up at me with sad eyes.

"We'll fine One. I promise," I tell Hilde, who smiles warmly at me.

"Max!" Someone yells to me and suddenly I'm being embraced in a huge hug. I look to see who it is.

Percy.

"Percy!" I exclaim and hug him back. The others have stopped to see what happened and they have huge smiles plastered on their faces, even the Cêpans.

Yeah, the others also told their Cêpans about demigods.

"How did you find us?" I ask Percy, although I already know the answer.

"Nico," Percy answers, nodding his head at Nico, who's talking to Adam with his hands shoved deep in his pockets. Nico shrugs his shoulders and I chuckle, then turn back to Percy, who lets me go of his tight hug.

"Who are they?" Percy asks, gesturing to the Cêpans.

"The Cêpans. All of them. And that's Hannu, Number Three," I answer, nodding at Hannu, who smiles at Percy. He's been getting information from John and they seem to be getting along just fine.

"All of the Cêpans? But I thought they were all...." Percy trails off, looking at me, confused.

"I have a new legacy," I state simply. Percy's eyes widen in realization.

"Oh, the others are here," Percy tells me, then gestures behind him, where I now notice the other demigods standing there; Leo, Reyna, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Hazel, Frank, and even Clarisse La Rue. And Calypso.

As the others walk past me to say hello to the others, I raise my eyebrows at Leo then glance at Calypso.

"Tell you later," Leo whispers to me. I nod my head in agreement and we continue forward, away from Chicago.

"So...." I tell Leo after a few minutes of walking. "How'd you find Calypso?"

"We found out that she was being held captive by a bunch of Cyclopes. We don't know why, though. So we went to get her and then came here," Leo explains.

I shrug my shoulders. "Makes sense. She didn't really leave you then, did she?"

Leo shakes his head. "I was an idiot to think she did," he tells me.

"You're always an idiot," I reply. Leo chuckles and I smile. I'm glad he found Calypso. Now he can finally have someone to truly love.

"So, you have your Cêpan back?" Leo asks and I nod my head. "What's he like?"

"I don't know. I don't remember anything about him besides what he looks like, but by the looks of it-" I turn my head around to see Conrad making conversation with Sandor. "He seems amazing."

Leo nods. "I bet he's the best Cêpan you can ever ask for," he says.

"I bet," I reply.