Nine

"Eureka!" Draco cried!

"What? Did you do it? Did you find it?" Aberforth rushed into the study.

"I think I did." Draco smiled fondly at a piece of parchment he was holding up. "Look at it Abe! It's beautiful!"

A knock echoed through the home behind the Hog's Head Pub. Aberforth looked up, his face went a little dim.

"That'll be Longbottom here for the food."

"Alright, I'll hang back the, but look, Abe, I did it!"

"Yeah, yeah." Aberforth waved him off. He left the study and went to the living room. Draco stayed in the study and kept himself quiet. This is what he always did when Neville Longbottom or Seamus Finnegan came to get food for the rebel students of Hogwarts. They had both agreed that Draco would do this because if Neville ever set eyes on the boy, he wouldn't ever trust Aberforth again, no matter what they could say about time travel shenanigans.

Just as he heard Aberforth and Neville saying goodbye, Draco felt the nasty tingling in his nose that meant a sneeze was coming. Draco tried to hold it, he really did, but he failed miserably and the loud screaming of "Ah-Choo!" Came out of his mouth.

"Is someone here, Aberforth?" Neville asked the old man. "Who's here?" Neville pushed past Abe and went to the study. Aberfort tried to stop the boy by saying something, but words failed him. Neville pushed the door open but said nothing. His eyes landed on Draco and his jaw fell agape.

He turned to leave the office again. His face was set in a deep glare now.

"Longbottom..." Aberforth didn't know what else to say. Draco had followed Neville back into the living room.

"Longbottom, wait!" Draco said. Neville paused a moment and took that moment to glare at the both of them.

"You're in bed with Death Eaters now, Aberforth?" he snarled.

"Longbottom, look at me." Draco demanded. "I don't look like that idiot Death Eater prancing his way around the castle, do I? No, I'm not seventeen, Aberforth thought I was fifty, but I'm only thirty-five."

"So if you're not him, who are you and why were you hiding in the study?"

"I'm him, but stronger."

"So you just appear like Victoire and Teddy did all those years ago?" Neville scoffed. "I find that hard to believe."

"What did you say?"

"I said, I find that hard-"

"No, before that."

"Victoire and Teddy?"

"Yes! What year did they appear?" Draco demanded.

"Uh... 1996? I don't know, they seemed pretty well established by then. They knew professor Lupin. What! Why and I telling you this?"

"When did you last see them?"

"They left after that then showed up in 1997 the day Dumbledore died. Disappeared again after that."

"So they found the spell." Draco lit up like a christmas tree "They're able to go home. But they haven't. Why haven't they. They're trying to save the world. They're trying to save peoples lives."

***

"I can't believe you're drunk again."

"You don't know me!"

"I will force this goddamn potion down your throat if you won't willingly drink it."

"And if I fight you?"

"I'll throw you out to the Death Eaters."

"You wouldn't."

"I would. You'd be dead in days."

"I won't drink it! I like my whiskey!"

"And I like a quiet home but neither of us is getting what we want!"

"So kick me out, then. Do it."

"And have your death on my conscience? I don't think so."

"What then? Your that was to throw me out, but now you're saying you won't?"

"I'll take away your food. I'll give it to the kids in the castle."

"All I need is my drinks."

"I'll take those too!"

"And give them to the kids at the castle? Some role model you are."

"No, I won't give it to the kids, I'll sell it! Make money off you."

"Now you're just making stuff up. I get the drinks from your bar."

"I'm cutting you off from that too."

"What'll you not cut me off from? Air?"

"No, that's gone too! The only thing you get is this damn potion!"

"I like being drunk!"

"I'm sure your liver does too. You just wait until tomorrow and your hung over, you'll be begging me then."

"Screw you, Aberforth."

"Just trying to save your life, boy."

A/N: After writing this, I have gained a new love for my fake Draco x Aberforth friendship. They are honestly my fave BroTP. -J.C