Chapter 1

"Case 1 - Silent Witness"

Chapter 1

Prelude:

“What!? That is IMPOSSIBLE! You found Detective’s Tyler partial fingerprint on the door handle?”

“Yes, I did”

“ Okay, Sarah, let us keep this under wraps for a while, do not spread the word to anybody”

“Alright, I understand”

______

Newsflash

“A young Woman’s body was found at the corner of Fifth and Twelfth, just right outside Camelot’s bar. Currently, the Ryca Forensic Criminology Bureau is working on the crime scene and we will give you the latest update on what information is released by the RCPD (Ryca City Police Department).”

Det. Tyler was in charge of the Serious and Organised crimes (SOC) unit under FCB and

finished completing a high profile case of a serial rapist/killer which had abducted 8 victims. It was about 3am when the case was wrapped up.

The next morning, as usual, he entered the workplace, passing security and holding a cup of coffee while walking towards his desk. He laid down his weapon into the gun cabinet and sat on his desk for a cup of coffee, whilst his subordinates are arriving at his workplace. Before drinking another sip of his “Hot Brown Roasted Coffee” he got from the coffee joint just outside FCB, he received a shout out from the director of FCB, literally.

“TYLER!! COME TO MY OFFICE NOW!”, the director shouted.

The director was seen as a tall and sophistical lady, an elegant lady to be exact. Her name was Director Lauren Mann, but Tyler always called her “Man!”

“MAN!!" He uttered.

All his colleagues gave a surprised look towards the Director. Director Lauren gave a hint for him to come up to her office.

Once at her office,

"Man! Good Morning! What a surprise to be called up to your office at this hour in the morning."

“Tyler, my name is not Man, but its Director Lauren” , She said.

"And please do not shout from the top floor!”, He exclaimed.

She gave him a bad look, and an angry stare. Realizing what he had done, he immediately apologized

“Sorry and understood, loud and clear, Director.”

“I’d just received a call from RCPD dispatch, confirming a code 4-19 at Camelot’s Bar near…”

“The corner of Fifth and Twelfth”

“Yes, details will be provided by Cat…”

“Catherine”

“Can you stop cutting in, let me finish my sentence please?”She barked.

“Man! Ok..... Sorry, Director Lauren”.He sheepishly said.

“Alright, she will fill you on the way out”

“Yes Ma’am, If there’s nothing else, I will be on my way to the Crime Scene”

Before she could say another word, Tyler had closed the door.

“Cat, what have you got for me?”

“ I’ve got a 4-19, details has been given by the Director right?”

“Yes, indeed, have you informed Mike?”Tyler questioned.

“Yes. I informed Mike. He is on the way to the Crime Scene now. Details are in the case report that I'd given to you"

“Alright, thanks, Cat.”

Meanwhile, Natalie and Evan just arrived at work, while Anna was on sick leave. They placed their bags at their lockers when they were greeted by the famous "morning call" by Tyler.

Tyler shouted:

“Grab your gear, let’s roll out”

“Where?”Evan asked

... *Awkward Silence*

“Yes Sir, understood”.Evan nodded.

Tyler has a tendency to reveal the details about the case only when they were on site.

Natalie and Evans took their firearm from the armoury and their kit. As they were Crime Scene Technicians, they were also commissioned police officers, making them firearms authorized and thus carry a shield and a gun.

Tyler had been waiting at the car park before they arrived.

“What took you so long, we are running late..."

“Sorry Boss! Wouldn’t do that again…”

----

That is the first chapter of "Silent Witness" and I'd hope you guys enjoyed. It is short but more to come. Thanks!

Please do rate and support it if you like the stories very much. Criticisms are also accepted to help make my story better. Have fun reading, and enjoy! If it gets too dry, you may want to continue the next day. Enjoy!

~Contributor: RyannLIM

* Simulcast Publishing on

~https://www.facebook.com/danandryanwattpad 

~http://www.wattpad.com/user/DanandRyan