13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: BIRD.

" Nobody is watching / Drowning in words so sweet. "

____

NARRATOR

Alec has a frown on his face while Isabelle tries to cover up her smug smile. Truth is, she couldn't be happier about what she had just witnessed.

"So you mess things over with my sister and then you make out with her?." Alec asks, his arms crossed over his chest. Arabelle laughs but quickly covers her mouth with her hand, earning looks from Isabelle, Alec and Jace, who's eyes were wide.

"What's so funny?." Alec asks with his eyebrows knit together. Arabelle shrugs.

"That you guys came exactly when i kissed Jace, great timing huh?." Arabelle says wiggling her eyebrows. Jace shakes his head trying to hide his smile.

"Look, Alec, can we talk about this other day?." Jace asks, a stern look on his face. Arabelle felt weird, like she had missed something. Of course, she missed a whole night of events, many things could of happen. Alec huffs.

"Yeah, sure." He replies sarcastically before stomping out of the room, Isabelle trailing behind him.

Arabelle tilts her head. "What happened between you two?." She dares to ask, Jace looks at her before sighing.

"Last night when we were with Magnus, we had to do something to try to gain Clary's memories. The memory demon it-."

"Oh i missed much more than i thought." Arabelle says raising her eyebrows and Jace nods.

"Well we had to each one of us give Valak, the memory demon, a beloved memory of the one we love the most." Jace looks at the ground. "Alec's memory was one of me." He finishes and Arabelle's mouth opens slightly.

"Oh." Even if she knew about Alec's crush on Jace, she didn't think he loved him.

"So now things are kind of tense between us, we couldn't get Clary's memories." He says and Arabelle nods, but her coursity kicks in.

"What was your memory?." She asks and Jace's head shots up.

"What?." He asks and Arabelle smirks, crossing her arms over her chest.

"What was the beloved memory that you had to give to Valak?." She asks with a grin and he chuckles.

"Why would you want to know that?." He teases and Arabelle rolls her eyes playfully.

"Because i'm Arabelle." She replies and Jace sighs.

"Remember when we went to a mission and one of the demons harmed me and when we came back to heal me, you stayed up all night with me, making sure i was okay?." He asks and Arabelle smiles, nodding softly. "Then you slept next to me, thinking i was asleep, but i woke up and saw you by my side, i was afraid you would wake up but i just continued to stare at you." He continues and Arabelle chuckles.

"What a creep." She jokes and Jace smiles.

"That was the memory." He finishes and Arabelle bites her lip.

"You are so cheesy, i hadn't known that part of you." She says and Jace shrugs.

"I'm a softy when it comes to you, i think." He says and Arabelle leans closer to him.

"So that means that you like me?." She asks and Jace shakes his head, staring down at Arabelle's plump lips.

"No, Belle, that means i love you." He states before connecting his lips with Arabelle's one more time, a feeling begin to grow inside the both of them.