Apology Gift, Proof and Something Soft

Iris's POV

I walked inside the Valley Park. There were old and broken swings, bars and many overgrown bushes. The slides looked as if they would break even if a leaf touches their surface.

Creepy.

I saw a figure standing with hands in pockets, probably him.

Damn, he looks angry. I'm gonna get a piece of his mind.

I started to walk towards him, it's now or never. Anyways, I shouldn't be scared. I'm not the one at fault.

"Zayn?" I asked.

"Iris?" He asked.

Man, this guy's got a problem of questioning questions.

"Yep, that's me." I answered.

After talking for a minute, it started to snow so I decided to come to the point.

"Zayn, why did you call me? You've talked for 3 minutes. Now you have 7 to go."

He suddenly gave me some flowers and a nicely packed box.

"W-what's this?" I asked.

"Apology gift, for you." He said.

"I need proof. Why would anyone else do that? Say that to me? Zayn, I honestly feel very offended." I told him.

"I know, I'm just sorry." He trailed off. "Here's an apology text from Gi. I even broke up with her! And she sent this to you because she saw our chat and thought that something was going between us. And before even asking me once, she just sent you all those, those messages. See Iris, I really am sorry. I know that was very rude of her but past can't be undone. All I can say is that please forgive me." He said.

"Zayn, are you sure that your girlfriend, I mean ex-girlfriend wrote this letter and not you? And that you're not faking it?" I asked, still doubting.

"Ugh, why would I? Obviously I didn't!"

"How can I even trust you? And how do I know that it was her and not you? I want to talk to her." I said.

"Ugh, Iris! I broke up with her! I deleted her number, I lost all contact with her and told her to go to hell! How do you possibly think that she'll come again and talk to you and tell you that she did all of it? I made her write this letter and that's the maximum I could do!" He said.

Actually, I forgave Zayn long time ago. I knew that he could never say any of that. I knew someone else was at fault. But ain't it funny and quite impressive to see a guy like him proving his innocence minus the breakup part. I mean, her ex probably deserved it but still, I never aimed for them to break up.

I'll apologise to both of them soon. But for now, let it go on this way.

"How should I know that you're not just blaming another girl? Not playing with both, hers and mine, feelings. How should I know that you're not really the one who was at fault? How do I know that you're not faking it all with these flowers and god knows what and trying to make me go all softy about you? How should I know that this all is not a lie? I need some real proof. Zayn! Are you even listening? I'm saying that how will you prove me that you're not wrong and I -"

Something cut me off. Something soft.

No, it wasn't a snowflake. It was something softer.

Maybe some lips. Yeah, probably.

---------

I've been waiting for this for so long! Oh My God, I was jumping while writing this chapter! There you have it, the blockbuster thing.

So, Happy New Year! Leave your new year resolutions if you have any, unlike me - living my life aimlessly.

By the way,

You guys made me smile everyday, when I felt sad, unhappy or down

You guys made me smile everyday, when I felt sad, unhappy or down. You made me feel better. Every vote, every comment made me smile like a stupid. Thanks to all of you for everything. Love you all.

Oh and this book is gonna end on Zayn's birthday. Yeah, I plan so.

Vote, Comment and Share! :) X