Chapter 5

"Here are your drinks" I say with a beaming smile on my face to the couple in front of me "Your food will be here shortly, enjoy the rest of your evening" I say nodding slightly, "Thank you" they both say, signalling my queue to leave so I do

"Here are your drinks" I say with a beaming smile on my face to the couple in front of me "Your food will be here shortly, enjoy the rest of your evening" I say nodding slightly, "Thank you" they both say, signalling my queue to leave so I do. I go over to the bar to see Henry and Peter working, serving a couple customers, Sami sees me and she comes over "Hey" she says. "Hey" I say smiling "Where are your parents tonight they usually hang around or in their office" Sami inquires "Oh, mom said something about a new show that dad was taking her to, so they are probably there. Besides, it's better than them watching me for the whole night waiting for me to mess up" I say making Sami laugh "They're not! I hear them say all the time how much they love to see you working in the family business" she says "Sure" I say, her phone suddenly rings and she ignores it after staring at the screen for a few moments. "Go get it outside, I'll cover your tables" I say "Thanks" she says hugging me over the bar "Bernie will tell you when the food for my tables are ready and the guys are getting the drinks. I'll be back in a few minutes" she says scurrying out.

"Sophie, table twenty-seven drinks" Peter calls "Got it" I say grabbing two trays and placing the drinks on top "Can you take these to thirty as well" Henry says "I will after these this is a big order" I say, I have the two trays filled with about twelve drinks, a mix of beers, martins, wines. I walk through the restaurant, feeling quite proud of myself seeing the new decoration as my parents had asked for my input on the renovation of our family restaurant. I get to the table it looks like some friendly gathering, everyone is about late thirties upwards. I give each person their drink, then one by one taking food orders, as I go around I hear a couple familiar voices "Sophie?" I hear someone say making me look up from taking an elderly lady's order. I turn my head to face the head of the table where Mr and Mrs Fontaine are sat, A.K.A Cassie and Jason's parents, I give them a smile and finish the lady's order before going to the Fontaine's to give them their drinks and take their order. "I didn't realise Neil and Rachel had you working here" Mrs Fontaine says, referring to my parents "I help out sometimes, my parents say it gives me experience for the future" I say "Have you seen Jason recently?" Mr Fontaine asks, "Jason?" I ask my mind flashing back to our previous encounters and the one where I hugged him a couple of days ago "I saw him on Thursday at school" I say scanning over the orders as I felt their gazes on me, "He hasn't been home since then, do you know where he might be?" Mrs Fontaine asks "I have no idea. You would be much better asking my brother as they are a lot closer" I say truthfully, they both open their mouths as if to say something then snap them shut. "Anyways, what would you like to order? I recommend the steak, our chef does a variety of delicious sauces to accompany the steak, or some lighter dishes. What would you like?" I ask trying to change the awkward topic of conversation.

"Drinks" Henry says as soon as I come back from the awkward encounter with the Fontaine's, well it wasn't awkward, just slightly uncomfortable as they asked a lot of questions related to Jason to which I would often answer with a "I'm not sure" or "I don't know" or even "Zac knows him better". And now, Henry wanted me to go back to a table only a few metres from the Fontaine's, great. I grab the drinks anyway and wind my way through the various tables filled with chattering guests, and waiters rushing around and in the background soft music was being played at the piano as it was on each floor. I get to the table placing the drinks down to the two gentleman in front of me, as I'm leaving I see the Fontaine's haven't noticed I was there to my relief. I go through to the back and as I'm about to go into the staff room I hear voices in the meeting room, which is normally only used by my parents who aren't here. I cautiously step back to the meeting room entrance and go in seeing two men standing there looking at me. "Excuse me, you are not allowed in here please go back into the main restaurant" I say but the men only laugh, making me furrow my brows in confusion. "You are not allowed here" I say more sternly as their rudeness annoys me, they smirk and step closer "She forgot us" one says "I would've thought her memory would be better seeming as she is the great white wolf" the other says making me even more confused. I suddenly realise that they are the men who attacked me and all of my confidence drains out of me to be replaced by fear, I swallow hard not knowing what to do. "Leave" I say trying to sound intimidating but they laugh again. Before anything can happen I quickly leave locking the door behind me, I wait to see if they will follow me but I hear them talking about calling someone giving me an idea.