Dark Hair, Green Eyes

A/n: Hey all! I'm so sorry this took me so long to update, but to be honest, I've just had a very hard time writing anything in a while. I apologize, it's just that when I feel like writing, I lose the ideas midway and I have to find them again, or I lose the motivation to write as I read through.

Forgive me, it's just been difficult.

Anyway, if you've still stuck around, I hope you still enjoy.

(Also just wanted y'all to know I rewrote chapter 1 juuuust a little bit. If you read it before but choose to read it again you just might notice the differences)

--------------------------------------------

The next day...

Astrid's POV

"Astrid?" Ruffnut asked.

I blinked in surprise, snapping out of my mostly thoughtless daze before turning to her. "Wh-what?"

She sighed, saying, "You've been kinda distracted all morning. Something on your mind? Is it a boy? Are you thinking of a boy? Who're you thinking of? Oh, gross, is it Snotlout?" She spoke so fast, I almost didn't hear a word she said. But I was able to catch on fair enough.

I gagged. "Heck no! Ruff, that's a nightmare..." I shuddered at the thought. "But yes, I am sorta distracted," I told her truthfully.

She widened her eyes. "Come on, 'Strid," she groaned. "I wanna knooooowww..."

I shook my head, a small grin on my face, before walking away. She chased me the entire time, dragging herself on my arm and asking me over and over again to tell her.

'She's hopeless', I thought to myself, laughing.

--------------------------------------------

Two hours later...

We were at the second to the last class of the day, which was gym. I both really enjoyed and despised this class. Why? Well, for one, I enjoy it because, well, it's gym. Why wouldn't I enjoy it?

But I despise it because a certain someone keeps on getting the nerve to check me out, despite knowing the fact that I could easily take him down with my pinky.

There was even an instance where he followed me to the girls' changing room. I had to slam the door into his face and send him flying back before he stopped. He still stood out there the entire time and when I'd gotten out, he continued following me.

It's guys like him that make me realize how much I hate the idea of getting a boyfriend. But then I tell myself that there are definitely guys out there who are nothing like him. Like Henry, for example, he-

I froze. Henry? Why did I think of him as an example of all people?

Come to think of it, he was on my mind a lot in the past five weeks. He'd just pop up and settle in my head for hours. I don't know why. It's like he'd be staring at me with either a smug smirk, or a betrayed snarl. And honestly, I'm not sure which one I'd prefer seeing him give me in person, if he even came back in the first place.

It was...terrifying... I didn't know why I was thinking of him. I didn't know what caused my mind to just be filled with thoughts of him. I didn't know, and it freaked me out so much.