Chapter 1

Jay stood outside of her city home. She loved it there. The non peacefulness was her favorite. She could sit outside and kids would run up to attack her, much unlike her previous home. Even though there were more pros to the city there are some cons. AKA the newest factory. Jay hated when factory's were built. This factory had something to do with mutated geese. That didn't even make any sense! Why in the world would you mutate geese?! "Jaydyn! Come inside." Her mother yelled.

Jay rolled her eyes and went back inside looking at the factory one last time. "Coming!" She said closing the door behind her. "Set the table for breakfast." Jay's mother said sternly. "Alright, alright." Jay frowned grabbing the plates and utensils from her mother. "I don't know why you never get Pey or Kayla to set the table," Jay said quite loudly while putting down plates with gold rings around the edges. "Pey is too young and Kayla is always busy with work." Her mom stopped washing the dishes. "While Kayla works her butt off and Pey tries to get good grades,"

Jays mother turned around toward her back. "The least you could do is set a measly four sided table." Jay turned around furious about what her mother said "Kayla? You mean our Kayla? McKayla Dylan Cook? Yeah, last time I checked McKayla barely swept." Jay said holding her breath "Pey. Our Pey right? Peyton Dylan Cook. He can't even add two plus two. He's in first grade!" Jay said leaning on the table. "Your yelling at me for everything I have done, clean, cook! But yet, your defending the people blinding you." And with that she strutted off without a single word. Some say 'sleep is for the weak' well Jay really needed a dream to cool her off. She stepped on the old creaky stairs up to her room.

The room had a huge window, with lights around it. Her bed was queen sized and had light blue bedding that matched the walls. Although it was morning Jay felt like she could sleep for another eight hours. She sat on her bed and looked at the side table. She opened the wooden drawer and took out a piece of paper. Her old birth certificate. Jay wasn't always, Jay. Her old name was Dylan. I know what your thinking; Dylan Dylan Cook? Nope. Her name used to be Dylan James Cook. Her mom didn't like Dylan so they named her Jaydyn and kept her middle name but changed her older sisters middle name and soon her little brothers middle name to Dylan. Jay sighed " Whatever."

The silence of the dinner table killed Jay. The only thing that you could hear were forks clinking and people sipping. Jay put her cider and lasagna filled fork down and stood up. "I'm going for a walk," she said and straightened her shirt before walking out. Jay walked down the sidewalk listening to the cars honking, the kids screaming, the bells ringing. She was heading toward the factory, only to get a better look, right?