Chapter 2

"Oliver."
"Oliver."
"Oliver!"
Oliver woke up to his uncle calling his name.
Jeez.
He checked the clock.
5AM.
His uncle went to work at this hour every day at the strange new mutated goose factory. Every time Oliver thought about such a product being produced at a factory, he had one question: why?
"I'm going to head off to work now. There's some leftover pancakes and such in the fridge if you get hungry. I'll be home at 2."
Oliver had been staying over at his uncle's house for the summer, in a big city. He preferred not to go outside, as the random kids who would run up and just kick you seemed fairly unwelcoming to him.
Jeez.
Jeez. I simple reoccurring thought in Oliver's head. He had no idea why. It was just kind of a thing he'd say or think most of the time to quickly express a feeling of outrageousness from others, as his brain couldn't really think of anything else as short in time.
His uncle had been jobless before the factory, which seemed desperate for members due to their suspicious product. No one would apply, and for good reason.
They ended up lowering their standards a ton, to the point where they accepted some jobless hobo of an uncle as an adequate employee.
Oliver was still laying, crumpled up in his blanket. He suddenly sat up and stared into the mirror, his short brown hair ruffled.
Typical.
How sadistic he could be at times amazed him, just a bit. He was a single child, and his parents, or really, anyone he stayed with, didn't spend all that much time with him. He mainly just spent time on his phone, looking at memes.
He decided to stop talking to himself and actually do something, so he sat up and chose some clothing. Right before he started getting dressed, he heard a bump downstairs.
His uncle had left by now, and no one else was home. He didn't own any pets. Maybe it was just the house settling?
Creak.
Creak.
Creak.
Something was walking up the stairs.
Maybe someone.
Oliver quickly and silently grabbed his phone and flung himself into the closet. While doing so, he turned down his phone brightness and checked the time.
5:50 AM.
The sun rose at around 5:30, so it had been up for about 20 minutes. If he called the cops, he'd have the best luck.
I bet my uncle wouldn't even bother noticing his phone wringing.
He quickly dialed 911, and whispered in the quietest yet most audible tone he could manage.
His door creeked open.
Oliver's panic was rising by now, and had started shaking.
"Yes, 911? There's something in my house. I don't what it is. Help me," Oliver had been trying to establish urgency while staying professional, despite knowing it wasn't needed, he knew it would help him stay calm and possibly laugh it off.
He lived just down the road from the police office luckily, and just as footsteps could be heard and their silhouette could be seen outside the closet door, he could hear the sirens outside.
HONK!
Honk.
H o n k.
A goose.
Not just any goose. It was noticeably and unnaturally larger, telling by the foot shape, and had...green feet? What was this?
Then a thought creeped into his mind.
The factory.
A goose must have managed to escape from the factory and creep into his house.
The cops just burst into his room, telling by the obvious stomping and incoherent yelling Oliver couldn't hear over his own laughter and heartbeat. They had grabbed it by the neck by the sounds of it.
HoNK!!
"Haha, wouldn't it be funny if we named it?...named it...Timbergoose!"
Oliver slid his closet door off to his right, standing, met, face to face, with a gigantic, greenfooted goose.
Timbergoose.
Oh god.
Oliver had thanked the officers and had mentioned how he had named it.

THE END
~Beano