Chapt. 4) Realization

~Elena's POV~
__________________________
He just looked at me and didn't speak.

"Why the fuck are you looking at me?" I asked pissed.

How is he going to hit me, laugh and then hug me after. He's bipolar as fuck if you ask me.

He decided to speak up finally after like 30 minutes.

"Elena it's me... it's Matt." He said so devastated.

"Stop lying." Was al I said looking away.

I was shocked... I didn't have anything to say to him. My own brother hit me? He called me those names... I don't think I could ever forgive him for this. If it was really him.

Also why was he here at this pack? I'm glad he would be safe but why didn't he say anything through a letter or something... my mind swarmed with questions. I was so confused with everything.

"Where did you go then 'Matt'? Why did you leave?" I whispered with tears in my eyes.

He looked at me with those beautiful eyes, suddenly everything came back to me about where I remembered them from.

His ocean blue eyes that could make anyone fall in love with him.

He was a charmer back at the pack... all the girls loved him. I would always be so overprotective and talk crap to the girls.

Memories... they started to flood back into my mind. What had changed him so much? Why was he here?

~

Finally I was released from the cage!

I've never been more excited in my life.

My brother lead me to this huge house... it was truly mesmerizing. We walked into the house and my jaw dropped. I thought the outside was gorgeous but the inside... oh my goddess. I was speechless and I could tell my brother was just staring at me.

"It's nice isn't it?" He asked me and I just nodded with fascination.

Enough with the house, I was hungry as fuck. I really wanted some food.

"Can I have a snack please? Or a meal.. ya know a girl is hungry." I asked.

He just laughed and nodded. He lead me to a huge kitchen and pulled out some ingredients to make spaghetti? I think. I love spaghetti!! It's my favorite... I wonder if he remembered that about me. I assume he did. Who could forget we had it like every other day.

After about 20 minutes, he put a plate in front of me and I swear I've never eaten so fast in my life. Just as I started to eat he sat next to me and we decided to catch up...

~

"I'm the Beta here now it's not as much responsibility as Alpha. I was scared to take over dads title and that's why I decided to run away..." He said.

He finally told me why he ran.

I was upset but I also could understand why he would run. Alpha is a huge responsibility... you care for every person in your pack, you have to sort out problems, wars, treaties, rogues, and that's just some of it. I felt sympathy for him... it's a lot to take on.

"You know you could've at least sent us a letter, telling us why you left and where you went?" I sighed.

"Yes I know but I didn't want you guys to come and take me back.. I ran for a reason." He said with a pained look on his face.

I could tell it wasn't just the Alpha duties that pushed him away... but it was something else and I was determined to find out.