Chapter Eight - You got me...

Chapter eight– you got me...

After what seemed like so long we finally separated and he drove me home. As I walked through my house I realised mum wasn't here. There was a note sitting on the bench addressed to me. I picked it up noticing dad talking to a group of tourists outside our house. Probably here for picking, my dad always hired tourists. The note read:

*There's a cake in the fridge for dinner, your dad is busy helping his pickers so don't bug him. I checked over the bikes for you honey, the red one needs some fixing so don't ride it until you fix it. I should be home around nine or ten, I love you. Mum.*

I sigh folding the note and shoving it into my back pocket. Great so I was by myself, the bike needs fixing and dad was indeed too busy for me to bug him. I move down to my room and my phone started ringing.

'hello' I answer and I hear a giggle.

'hey it's Martha'

'oh hey, how did it go?'

'oh my god, I think Kyle is the best'

'Martha, you've always thought that'

'I know but I mean even more'

'oh god, I never want to live last night ever again'

'oh god, what did Lucas do?'

'what did Lucas do? You mean what I did'

'what did you do? Wait Lucas didn't do anything?'

'I did a whole bunch of stupid shit and no Lucas didn't do anything'

'damn, I wanna know what you did, come on spill'

'I don't remember'

'you were drunk? Oh gosh, now I understand' she giggled again and I rolled my eyes jumping onto my double bed and kicked off my shoes and fixing up the pillow so it was more comfortable.

'not funny Martha'

'you're right, sorry'

'so anyway I have to tell you something but you have to promise never to tell anyone, I mean if you spill even to June I will kill you'

'okay calm your boots'

'they're calm'

'so...come on tell me'

'I think I like Lucas' I bit my lip and then there was no response. My stomach tightened, thinking maybe I should have told her. I started panicking but I heard a release of a breath.

'really? You've just worked that out?' she asked adding a laugh. I frown sitting up. What was she talking about?'

'explain yourself' I demanded and she sighed.

'sweetie, June and I have been watching you lately. You know closer than usual and all the signs are there. You are totally I head over heels for this boy'

'what? No I'm not, I've only just realised I like him'

'took you long enough, besides like I said all the signs were there. You were too blind to realise them'

'whatever Martha'

'oh our little Nicole is growing up' she cooed and I knew June was with her. Dang it, so that means June knew too.

'I'm not a baby' I said my smile dropping.

'so what are you going to do with the information you have?'she asked excitedly.

'what if information?'

'the fact that you like him'

'I'm not going to do anything'