Chapter Twenty Six - Cheesecake is a girl's heart life saver

Chapter twenty six – cheesecake is a girl's heart life saver

The second the car stopped I was gone. I ran into the house as fast as I could. When I stopped to open the door I felt something cool around my neck. My hand flew up to it and my heart tore even more.

I gritted my teeth and yanked it off even though it hurt my neck a little. I looked at it once more before throwing it off the veranda into the garden. I whimpered remembering I was wearing the stupid earrings that matched...his...eyes.

I ran to my room and pulled them out in a daze, I placed them back in the box and I jumped onto my bed. I hugged my pillow staring at the box.

'Nicole-'

'go away mum' I cried and she knocked on my door again.

'I want to know what happened'

'he lied to me mum'

'who?'

'Lucas fucking Anderson' I yelled and I shoved my earphones into my ears blasting the music loud so I could hear anything, not even the soft whimpers of my breaking heart and my own tears rolling down my face.

I was lost. I wished, with everything in me, that today was a dream. That my mind was playing a sick horrible joke on me. Lucas wouldn't do this to me...would he? Could he bring himself to do this?

Somewhere in my mind a voice said that he should have followed me, tried to explain. But he didn't. He just froze letting me run away. I didn't want him to follow me.

Another voice said I did. That same voice was the part that was madly in love with him. Of course that voice wasn't going to be reasonable. It was being protective and it didn't care if my heart got torn into a million pieces.

Another voice told me I was stupid for ever doing anything about it. That I should have just left things the way they were. How did we even start? I couldn't remember. I couldn't draw to mind what had begun this.

Here I was, letting the one thing I thought I'd never find, drag me down. Whether I liked to admit it or not but Lucas, Lucas Anderson finally had ever part of my heart...

And he destroyed it.

I should have known better.

Lucas's POV

I called her name again and again. Why couldn't I move? I should be running after her but I was stuck on the spot. The room was deathly silent and no one bothered to speak up. Not even Carl.

Watching her turn away from me and run, like I was the worst thing that had ever happened to her, it tore me in more ways than one. Was it safe to say that when she ran away from me, she took my heart with her?

And to be honest I didn't want it back. I wanted her to have I it forever but my chances of that had just gone from extremely possible to not even if I was the last guy on the planet.

'right so drama filled there-' Carl started acting like nothing had just happened. I turned to face him, my jaw clenched tight and my anger boiling to my limits. He was the cause of this. Him.

He was the reason she was still in the draw. He was the reason she found out. He was the reason I just lost the thing that meant the most to me. And boy was he going to pay.

'what the fuck Carl?' Kyle spoke up stepping in front of Carl.

'what?'

'they know now...we can't do this now. We should have never started this'

'but we did anyway-'

'it wasn't your right. Everyone in this room knows the rules yes?'

'of course'