Chapter 1: Beginnings

My name is Katherine, I am a werewolf. I'm in the powerful Blue Moon pack in the forests of Indiana. If you know anything about werewolves, you know that when a wolf turns sixteen the hunt to find their mate begins. A mate is a soul mate, someone made for you, and you them. Let's just say my sixteenth birthday wasn't all I was hoping.
************************************

I awoke to the sound of my loud alarm clock, *Beep beep beep, Beep beep beep* and I groaned.
"Annoying much?" I grumbled angrily.
I turned off my alarm clock and made my dark pink, queen sized bed. This is going to be a long day, I thought to myself.

I walked into my walk-in closet and found a tight red shirt, that said 'I Love The Night Life' on it, before I changed into my tight black skinny jeans and red converse. After changing, I grabbed my phone off my big oak dresser set and looked myself over in my full size body mirror. I looked good but something was missing.
Mascara. My mom had nagged me and nagged me to wear makeup the previous night. I had eventually agreed but under my terms. So I sat in the comfy chair at my desk, poking my out my blue eyes with a long mascara wand. I flicked my long, dirty blond hair out of my eyes.

"Ow!" I groaned.

 After a struggle I finally finished putting on my mascara and brown eye shadow. I grabbed my white bag and phone and went out to the kitchen to eat. My amazing mother had made me French toast and left it out for me earlier that morning with a note wishing me a happy birthday from her and dad. I got out the syrup from the cabinet, and ate my breakfast on the marble island in silence. When I finished eating and putting away my dishes, I grabbed my keys out of my bag and unlocked my baby. My baby was a black camero I fixed up the previous year with my dad. I got in and made my way to school listening to the radio. ' Coming Home' by Avenged Sevenfold came on, and I sang along, watching the houses pass by on my way to school.

As I drove to school, I was super uneasy about who my mate would be. Now that I was sixteen the search for my mate began and there was no telling how long it would take for me to find him. What if he was a complete jerk, what of he thought I was ugly, but most importantly, what if he rejected me?
What if I never found him...
As I was thinking about all this, I parked my car in the parking lot and got out. As I walked over to the only friend I had, she greeted me and wished me a happy birthday. Two guys got out of the car I had parked near and they shouted slurs at me. Everyone in my pack hated me, yet no one would tell me why. My best friend, Rowan, told me it was because of the decisions as the pack beta my father made; something about shady deals with rouges.

Rowan smiled at me, flicking her brown hair out of her face, and started to walk to my locker with me. As we entered the school I got the usual nasty remarks about my appearance but, it's not like I didn't get it everyday of my life. Rowan shot them all dirty looks and threatened a few jocks on our way to class. First period Rowan and I had biology together, but so did the cheerleaders. I walked into the classroom and sat in my usual seat in the back, putting my things on my desk with a sigh.

"What?" Rowan asked slightly concerned.

"I hate biology." I replied and the bell rang, signaling the beginning of class.

"Hello students! Good morning. My name is Mr. Thompson, I'll be your substitute teacher today. Now we will do a short lab and take some notes. First I'm going to..." he said and I started staring off into space.

I found myself looking at Michael Raider, the most popular jerk of the school. Michael was the alpha's son, meaning when he turned 18 he would become the alpha of the pack. The Alpha's mate is the Luna; the Luna is like the queen of the pack, taking care of the needs of the pack members and assisting the alpha in running everything. I mentally warned myself to stay away and tried to focus on class.

When my biology class let out, I was already exhausted and ready to go home. I rubbed my eyes tiredly and looked over at Rowan; she smiled sympathetically, and stood up out of her seat to get her things and walk out of class. As she passed by, Michael shoved her to the floor, causing all her books to go flying across the cold ground and she cried out as she fell. All his friends laughed as they left the classroom, and I helped her get her things before flipping them off while we hurriedly passed them in the hall. I felt eyes on my back as we turned the corner.

"I'd love to give them a piece of my mind!" she said.

"Remember last time you did? He almost kicked you out of the pack!" I said, remembering the time vividly.

My mind wandered, as she made a joke and started talking again, to Michael.  His tall handsome figure, his soft black hair, his broad shoulders, tan skin and how I could tell he gelled the front of his hair every morning to style it the specific effortless looking style he was famous for. His gorgeous blue green eyes.

Rowan snapped her fingers in front of my face and I broke out of my daze. She looked like she wanted to say something but, she decided against it. I could see it in her questioning hazel eyes, we were going to talk about it later. We headed to our next class quickly and we headed to the back of the room again. Being the second people in the classroom, we had time to get ready for class and lay out our books. We sat down silently and Rowan got out a sheet of lined paper. After scribbling something on it in her teal pen, she passed it to me and I read it to myself. It was hard to read her chicken scratch, I read, What was that in the hall? You just blanked out and I couldn't get you back to Earth.

The bell rang before I could write back, so I gestured to her to wait till gym which was our next class. We were bored to death in English lit as we read through shakespear, and although our teacher Mrs.Gwin was very calm and entertaining, english lit was just not made to be fun. Soon enough we were heading toward the gym for third period.

************************************
Welcome dearly beloved reader! If you're enjoying the book, check out my newest book! "The Hidden Luna" After you finish this great read!

Midnight With My Alpha MateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara