Chapter 12 part 2 Broken

***So glad everyone is enjoying my book! I am truly amazed at how many reads it has. Thank you guys so much! So what do you think? Comment bellow! What is your favorite sport? Reading counts too!***

After breakfast we went and sat on the couch quietly and I sighed as I sat down. I awkwardly stared at my small hands in my lap. What was I supposed to say? I was so full of questions but he wouldn't let me ask them, and if I did ask he wouldn't answer them.

"Now what?" I finally asked, breaking the tense silence.

"Now you tell me if anything odd has been happening, anything at all" he replied and looked at me, his beautiful green blue eyes serious.

I gulped and wondered what to say. Should I have told him about the texts? But if I told him, what would he do about it?

"N-Nothing" I said shakily and internally cursed myself for sounding less than sure.

"What is it? What happened" he asked quickly and harshly.

I continued to look at my small hands, which had begun to shake slightly, "Katherine, what?" he asked, the tension growing with every second.

"There was nothing" I gritted out angrily.

How was it his right to question me like that; he acted like he was concerned for me but, really he was just acting so I'd tell his father, the alpha, that he was kind to me and would be fit to be alpha. Why else look out for someone he clearly hated so much? My leg began to bounce quickly in front of me as my anger rose in my chest.

"Katherine I swear, if you're holding anything back-" he said angrily.

"There's nothing concerning you" I grunted angrily and shoved off the couch before stalking to the back door.

If he was going to question me like that then I was just going to leave; he could find his way out.

"So there is something. Please tell me" he begged, causing me to stare at my hand frozen on the door handle.

"Fine" I said after a few minutes of silence.

I sat next to him and silently showed him the texts on my phone. The more texts I showed him, the angrier he got; he grabbed the arm of the couch so hard his knuckles turned white. I wondered if he would hit me because I hadn't shown these texts to anyone. If they'd been from rogues and they were threats to the pack, I could have been putting others in danger.

"That's all" I said after showing him the messages.

"That's why you skipped school, because you were....scared" he gritted, out closing his eyes.

"I guess. Yes" I said quietly.

He stood up, angrily running his hands through his dark hair. I didn't know what to expect, but this wasn't it at all. He was... he was angry...why would he be angry? Was I right and he was worried about the pack's safety?

"Have you seen anyone odd recently?" he asked suddenly and turned to look at me, his soft blue eyes now black with anger.

"Yes" I replied, my voice barely above a whisper.

 I had noticed odd guys staring at me during lunch the other day. I didn't think it was a big deal because they seemed like new wolves. He growled lowly to himself, anger clearly rising in his chest as his face turned slightly red.

"Who? When? Where?" He asked quickly and in a second his large figure stood right in front of me, pacing back and forth.

"Maybe I shouldn't say..." I mumbled quietly, looking down at the ground.

He growled loudly at me, "tell me now, before I decide to put you under house arrest" he threatened.

"That's no fair!" I shrieked, "you can't do that! I have school and I happen to enjoy the outside world!"

He stared at me for a second, "I have the authority and I will use it. You're being stalked and in possible danger. I will not allow the future L-" he stopped himself, looking away briefly.

Future what? I didn't even care anymore, he couldn't just tell me what to do. He wasn't my alpha yet, and he held no real power over me.

"You will not" I said stubbornly.

"Then tell me" He replied coolly, clearly comfortable with his power.

I sighed exasperated and looked away towards the kitchen, "at lunch guys stare at me" I murmured quietly.

"What was that?" He asked sharply.

I sighed again and looked up and straight into his beautiful green blue eyes, "there's a group of guys who stared at me during lunch."

He growled and suddenly I found myself shoved into a rock hard chest. I groaned in pain. Ow, my nose.

"Mine." Michael's wolf growled lowly, his chest vibrating with his low voice, and I stiffened.

What did he say? I tried to move away from him and he growled loudly pulling me harder to his chest. I groaned again. I was going to wind up with a bruised nose by the tine this giant baby decided to let me go. He pulled away a bit and took my small face in his large hands.
I naturally leaned into the warmth. He stared into my icy blue eyes, his green blue eyes darkening to almost black as he leaned down and slowly kissed me. I gasped slightly as sparks filled my mouth. He deepened the kiss, his large arm wrapping around my waist pulling me closer to his warm chest. I kissed him back, allowing him to explore my mouth with his dominating tongue. After a few seconds I pulled away gasping and blushed scarlet. Wow. I had never thought of Michael as the type to kiss so passionately.

He growled lowly and cursed, "damn it. You're my mate. Damn it!" His more human voice cried out sharply.

I flinched at his words; he didn't say it full of love and warmth like I had always dreamed this moment would be. Instead he seemed disgusted. I looked down suddenly full of sadness and shame, my long, dirty blond hair falling into my face. My heart slowly breaking into tiny pieces as I realized he didn't want me. Why would he?

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked quietly.

"It's a very bad thing! I can't have a weak, worthless mate like you. You're not fit to ever be Luna!" He shouted angrily and he frustratedly ran his hands through his soft dark hair.

I suddenly felt my warm, wet tears as they rolled fat streams down my cheeks. He was going to reject me. I had never expected this..... I always dreamed of my mate as an amazing, caring gentle person. Not this.

"I, Michael James Raider, hereby reject my mate, K-Katherine Bellcourt." He said angrily, spitting out the words.

Pain. All I felt was a stabbing pain in my heart as I stumbled onto the couch and I cried out in agony. I fell to the floor, hot tears running down my face like a dam had broken somewhere inside me. I curled up into the fetal position and cried harder as the pain in my chest intensified. Hot fire shot through my bones and lungs. The last thing I remember was watching Michael's back as he opened my front door and looked over at my crumpled figure in the floor. He sighed, a hand clutching his chest slightly, as he left my home. Leaving me laying in the floor. Broken.