13: Yes

//

Henrietta/Renley's PoV

//

James and I left the Shrieking Shack, making small talk along the way back to the castle. He promised to watch over the Marauders Map for now, so that no one else would discover my true existence until I want them to.

I bit my lip nervously, eyes staring ahead at the entrance to the Hogwarts castle. What will happen when I walk in there? Will it all be okay if I say yes to Sirius?

Once James and I stepped into the ginormous building, I was immediately bombarded with my friends. I laughed nervously as Lily yanked me into a hug, asking what was wrong and if I was okay.

"I'm fine, Lily," I murmured, pulling away to smile at her reassuringly. Remus and Peter stepped off to the side, but both nodded happily when I glanced over to them.

I turned back in front of me, finally meeting Sirius' eyes. I distantly heard Lily shooing the others away, mumbling something about privacy. Once they were gone, Sirius and I were left alone in the corridor.

"I'm sorry I ran off," I muttered apologetically. "I was scared." Sirius nodded, seeming just as awkward as I am right now.

"It's okay," he shrugged, but it's obvious he's still upset. After a long, awkward moment of silence, Sirius cleared his throat and asked, "Mind if I show you something?"

I blinked. "Go ahead."

He dug around in his robes, then retrieved his wand. After frowning in thought, he inhaled and exclaimed, "Expecto Patronum!"

I watched curiously as a silvery mist floated from Sirius' wand, beginning to take the form of an animal. The legs were formed first, having four of them. Then an angled chest, a thick tail, and a head. I gasped as misty eyes met mine, and the Patronus gave an echoed bark.

The Patronus padded forward, head bobbing excitedly as it approached me. I stared with wide eyes, a small gasp managing to escape from me.

None other than Paws stood before me, tail wagging in a playful manner. She glanced over her shoulder to check on Sirius, and then turned back to face me.

Sirius has my Patronus. My Patronus. He loves me!

Paws began whisking away, her glowing silver form dissipating and vanishing before my eyes. I could only stare silently as she completely evaporated, leaving me to stare at Sirius in a state of shock. I kept myself in place as he stepped forward, tucking his wand back into his pocket.

"After you ran off, and James disappeared too, I went to ask about matching Patronuses to Kaylen," Sirius murmured softly, coming to a halt in front of me. "She explained it all. And after I got the truth, I realized something."

He raised a hand to my cheek, and I couldn't help but recall how 1997 Sirius did the same thing in the forest. But after focusing back to the present, I met his gray eyes evenly as he stroked my cheek gently.

"The L word is something I've never really said out loud," he chuckled quietly. "But I think I can make an exception." After a little pause, with my heart beating wildly, he sighed and admitted;

"I love you, Renley."

I inhaled sharply, an image of older Sirius flashing across my vision. I love them both, and right now, I need to enjoy what I have.

"I love you too," I finally muttered back.

Sirius didn't do anything for a moment. His eyes widened slightly, but excluding that, he did nothing. No reaction whatsoever.