19: Sirius Reminisces

//
Previously with 1997 Sirius Black...
"He hesitantly lifted the whistle to his lips. He clutched onto Renley's ring for comfort, simultaneously rubbing against his own ring on his left hand with his middle finger.

Sirius inhaled deeply, and blew into the whistle.

The magical noise rang throughout the field, and past any land that could be found. Until when Sirius ran out of air, he dropped the whistle from his lips, and waited for what fate threw at him."

//
1997
Third Person PoV
//

Sirius listened intently as the whistling noise died out. His gaze wandered everywhere it could, searching for one of the things he needed the most right now.

When long minutes passed, he inhaled and blew into it again. The same loud and long noise resonated across not only this field, but every other land within the country. Not many people would be able to hear the whistle, despite the enchantments that permitted the noise to travel all across the nation.

He knew it was stupid. He might just be wasting his time, getting his hopes up, all for nothing.

Nonetheless, Sirius blew into the whistle one last time, and sighed in defeat when nothing happened. He hopped down from the boulder, then began heading towards the mansion placed a short distance away from him.

The man examined the place just like he did when he visited Black Manor earlier. He was stunned to see it was completely spotless, but soon remembered his clean-freak mother had house elves constantly clean the place, until she eventually just cast a few spells to keep dust from staining the inside of the house.

Sirius wandered around the place, occasionally pausing to recall memories. Nothing interesting stood out to him, but he wasn't willing to return to Hogwarts just yet. He wanted some time alone.

He starts climbing up the stairs, and turning down a hallway to find an old bedroom door. It's the bedroom he slept in when he hid from his "parents", until his cruel little brother told them of his location.

Sirius carelessly walks into the bedroom, fingers brushing against the silk bedsheets and the dustless furniture. The room is flawless like his parents always wanted, with overly expensive items and an aura that screamed someone attempting royalty.

With a bored sigh, he tucks the whistle back into his pocket so he has two hands. He reaches up to the bookshelf placed along the neatly painted wall, eyes darting across several book titles.

His eyes land on "Julie's Book of Fantasies".

//
1976 Flashback
Third Person PoV
//

The teenage Sirius groaned loudly, purposely collapsing on Remus' bed. The other boy huffed as his book was, for the hundredth time of rooming with hooligans, ripped and knocked away.

"What now?" Remus grumbled, struggling to snatch his book back up with Sirius' stubborn form crushing him.

"I'm BORED!"

"Go see Paws," Remus replied carelessly, successfully reclaiming his book and avoiding the torn pages. He can fix those later. He turns back to the page he had been reading on before he was oh-so-wonderfully distracted.

"She's with Clawwws!" Sirius whined. "I swear, that dragon has a better shot at asking Renley to be her girlfriend and I do!"

The werewolf sighed exasperatedly. "Seriously, Padfoot. I thought you're the bravest one of the Marauders."

"I am!" the teenager declared.

"Then ask Renley to be your girlfriend already!" Remus exclaimed.