36

Dillon POV

I tapped my pencil on the desk as I read the test question over and over. This English test was bullshit. All this marking and reading these 20 page articles is so unnecessary.

The bell rung and I ran straight for the door. Fuck the test.

"Dillon! What's up man!" Garret came my way.

"Hey." I said.

"So what's up. Today's Friday. Got any crazy parties coming up?" He asked with a chuckle.

"Nah, I think I'll just stay in and read a book." I turned to see his reaction.

I burst out laughing when I saw his jaw almost hit the floor.

"Man I'm just playing!" I pushed him and he bumped into a locker.

"You had me there for a second." He said rubbing his shoulder.

Just then, I saw her.

Laughing and talking to her friends, her hair was tried up in a bun and she had her glasses laying lazily on her face. She was struggling to carry some of her books and I watched as her eyes drifted to mine and I smiled, and then she smiled.

Cait's POV

"Who are you smiling at..?"

"Dillon." Beth answered for me.

"She's finally getting in the hang of things." Devon laughed.

"What do you mean?" I said walking past Dillon, but keeping my eyes fixed on him.

"You're finally starting to have feelings for him." Beth said.

"Woah woah, feelings? I'm not trying to date the boy!" I said stopping in my tracks.

"By the looks of it, it seemed like it." Devon snickered.

Wow, I hate my friends sometimes.

"He's just changed a lot, but in a good way. He isn't like he was before. He's nice to me now and... I don't know It feels good to be around him." I smiled to myself.

"Those are called feelings honey." Beth told me.

"Whatever." I giggled.

***
My phone suddenly lit up with a text.

Dillon: meet me by window

Hm, I wonder what this boy wanted now.

I went up the stairs after telling my little brother I'd be back in a bit, and opened my door. I went to the window and lifted it up.

Dillon was sitting in front the window with a small smile.

"I... have to ask you something," He said. "But I wanted it to be in person,"

"Okay... ask me."

"Go on a date with me." He said.

"Well, well, well. A date? With the all mighty Dillon Taylor? And... that's not a question, that's a command." I said with a smirk.