FOREWORD

They say that if you want to become a writer, you should write every day. I write everyday but the thing is, there are days I get lazy. I would put in a couple of sentences then no more. And let's not start on how many words I write then scrap them all because I think they suck. Which would end up with me not having anything substantial to show for the day.

So I thought, maybe I should give myself a daily word cap. I will write at least 500 words in a day. For some writers, that could be a work in the park. I would be pulling my hair and tweezing my nose hairs just to put out 100 words in some days. I'm doing this challenge so that I can get into the habit of sitting still for a couple of hours writing. Just writing. Because I have a tendency to have the attention span of a toddler. Sometimes, worse.

I planned to pick a daily prompt so that I won't have a reason not to write. Here are the prompts I would be using.

My friends mchay101 and magicheart21 will be joining me

My friends mchay101 and magicheart21 will be joining me. We will write one story each using the prompts. Check out their profiles for their stories.

Speaking of stories, this is my story for this month.

WHISPERS IN THE SHADOWS

Helia Laxamana thought her life was perfect. They weren't rich but her parents love her and her sister. Their simple home was filled with laughter and happy chatter. Until her twenty-fifth birthday.

A letter arrived informing her of her mother's passing. Her biological mother. Finding out that she was adopted, her perfect life was turned upside down.

With a set of keys to a manor in the woods, would she uncover why she was abandoned by her biological parents? And whose voice is whispering in the shadows?

Also, I am part of AMACon 4 which will be released sometime in April. I am planning on submitting an entry to a Fantasy Contest here in Wattpad which will end in June. And I'm writing a couple of fantasy novels as well. Rest assured I am not abandoning my stories and will be updating them soon.

Your comments are very much appreciated and I understand why others are impatient. Pasensiya na po uli. Kung pwede ko lang ipa-view yung GDocs ko to show that I'm writing no? 😅

Trust me, I'm frustrated at myself much more than you're frustrated on me. Kaya I promise not to post my fantasy novels until I finish my WIPs. Salamat po sa suporta at pasensiya.

With love,

Katie ❤

P.S.

The first chapter will be posted tonight after Destined to be Yours at around 9:30 PM.