Parallel Universe

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Donald led Leo and the three bionic teens into the lab as I wait at the invention which was covered by a white sheet for now. "Inventing the wheel? Boring. Discovering electricity?" He started towards them while nodding over at me.

"Snooze. Sliced bread?" I answer.

"Lame." Donald said with a thumbs down. "But now, Davenport Industries introduces the world's first..."

I unveil the invention as we both finish, "Proton Fuser!" We grin and high-five.

"You know, for a scientist and being Des, you'd think your payoffs would be a bit more proportionate to your buildups." Leo commented as they didn't look amused.

"Uh, the payoff is that it allows us to see the origins of the universe. This thing fuses subatomic particles, so we can understand how planets form." Davenport replied.

"Well, we already understand how boredom forms." Bree said.

"Haven't you ever wondered where stuff comes from? Galaxies? Stars? Planets?" Davenport continued.

"This stuff, no. Onion rings, yes." Adam replied. I purse my lips out while narrowing my eyes a little bit and leaning against the cyberdesk. Chase moved to stand beside me and grinned at me as I smile back at him.

"Guys, I have always wanted to build this thing, and now, it's a reality. It's an important life lesson. If you have a dream, believe in it, 'cause it can happen." Donald stated.

"Um, Mr. Davenport, isn't it dangerous to tinker with the fabric of the universe?" Chase asked.

Adam laughed, "He said tinker."

"Yeah, it could destabilize the Earth or open up a wormhole into a parallel universe..." I answer for Davenport while trailing off.

"But we made it-" Donald started.

"And we want to play with it, so..." I finish while Davenport had already moved over to control panel and began to type and switch it on.

"Prepare to be amazed!" Donald said.

I step back while also stepping the trio, Donald, and Leo back. "Just as precaution in case something goes horribly wrong and someone gets gravelly injured." I murmur as Chase nodded in agreement.

A blue ball of energy started to build up and then it dissipated, disappearing. I exchange a look of confusion with Davenport. "Once again, big buildup, teeny, tiny payoff." Leo said just as Tasha walked inside of the lab.

"Okay, the popcorn is popping and the movie is uploaded. Or downloaded. Whatever, the red thingy is blinking green. Just head upstairs, it's movie time!" All of us head upstairs happily then.

***

I was sitting on the couch between Bree and Chase who had his arm around me. All of us were laughing at the current scene of the movie while Adam stole some popcorn from Chase and me. Leo joined in on our laughing.

"Leo!" Tasha exclaimed which made him drop the plate that he was wiping. "I said no movie! First you won't do the dishes, and then you break them?"