TWO

TWO

I drove to my second and last stop. Thankfully there was free parking so I didn't have to worry about leaving my car on the curb side and getting a ticket.

I stepped out the car, making sure to grab my purse from the passenger seat. I closed the door, locked my car and started walking towards the lawyers office. But when I got to the door, there was a clear sign that said "closed".

"You serious?" I said out loud, slightly agitated and annoyed. This meant I couldn't possibly finish all the paperwork today and make my way back to Brighton.

I stomped my ass back to my car, yanking open the door and throwing my purse back inside. I sat down behind the wheel and pulled out my phone.

I rang the lawyer's number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello," he finally spoke after several rings.

"I'm at your office. It's closed." I started to say.

He informed me that he was on his lunch break and to come back in an hour. I tried my best to not show how annoyed I was and told him I'll be there in an hour.

I threw my phone back in my purse and drove back to the play centre. I might just well pick up Joy and feed her. And then she can stay with me until I'm done with the lawyer.

I walked in on her playing with some girl at the sand station. I gave her a few minutes, watching as she was building something with her new friend and talking animatedly about something.

"Joy!" I called out to her. She looked up at her name and caught the sight of me. Completely careless about me standing there, she went back to playing.

Mrs E came to stand next to me. "She can play for longer if that's better." I had told her about the situation by the front before I walked inside.

"A few more minutes won't hurt I guess." I said back. Considering she was in year two, she was always working back in school and not exactly playing as much. This was probably one of her best days.

"She is amazing."

I beamed at Mrs E, proud at any praise my daughter would receive. I loved her more than anything in this world. "She is." I agreed, not giving a toss whether I sounded like a typical Mom who always dotted over her child.

"She wasn't at all hesitant to get going with the others. Absolutely fantastic!"

"She's always been like that." I told Mrs E, still smiling.

So I gave Joy a few more minutes to carry on playing before I had to actually go to where she was and tug her away. She wasn't happy but she complied nevertheless.

"You'll be back tomorrow!" I told her.

She put on her coat, waved goodbye to her friends and Mrs E and started to walk ahead of me towards the door. I grabbed her small hands in mine before she got out the door. She knew the rule. When walking outside, holding my hand was important.

We got to my car and I opened the door for her so she could go inside. "Put your seatbelt on," I told her as I closed the door for her.

I got in behind the wheel and turned around to see her all strapped in. She was still not happy, since she had a slight frown on her face. I knew how to get her to smile.

"So, what do you want to eat?" I asked Joy as I started the car.

She was quiet for a few seconds, thinking about what to eat I hoped. "Tuna sandwhich." She finally said.