TWENTY-THREE

CHAPTER-THREE

Link

Link was struggling to keep it together. And having a petrified, screaming female in his face was proving it difficult to hang on the last thread of his patience.

"YOU GUYS WERE SUPPOSED TO KEEP HER SAFE!" Lexie cried out, running her fingers through her long hair. Her usual beautiful exterior was tarnished as she continued pacing up and down the corridor, her eyes darting across all the men around her.

She stopped in front of Lucian. She pressed one finger into his chest, glaring up at the one male who seemed like he regretted everything. "You said he won't come close to her. He fucking shot her!"

Lucian's jaw clenched. The reminder of his failure was not sitting well with him, and having this female screaming it for the whole world to hear was akin to pushing hard on an open wound.

She stomped away from him, training her eyes on Link. "And where the fuck is the police?"

Lucian grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "Lexie we have it under control." He told her.

"Like hell you do!" She shrieked, furiously yanking her arm out of Lucian's grip. "She could have been killed! And where the hell is Joy, she must be scared shitless."

"She's okay. She's with-" Link started say.

"She's meant to be with her mum! Or me! She saw a gun for goodness sake, she is anything but okay!"

Link was close to yelling out that Joy was his by blood. His daughter.

"Lucian. Get a hold of your girl." He grated out instead.

"Fuck you, Link! This is all on you. Just like it was the last time."

Link's eyes turned into slits. "Don't you fucking dare."

Lexie taunted him with her hands. "It's the bloody truth! Ever since you came in her life, all this shit happened. Six years she was good." She held up her fingers. "Six years! And you weren't in her life."

Lucian reached for Lexie once again, but she sidestepped his attempt. "Lexie, calm down!"

She pointed a threatening finger at him. "Don't."

Lucian pushed her finger away. How he had the patience to deal with her was beyond Link. Link wanted to shove the biggest thing in her mouth and haul her ass out of this place. He needed to think. He needed to be next to his woman, praying she would wake up already.

"Lexie, come with me." Lucian said to her.

"No! My best friend got shot, I can't go anywhere."

"It's just a graze." Lucian told her. The lie.

"What difference!" She shrieked. "Where the hell is the police?" She asked the group of men that surrounded her. Link looked up at a stern looking Quan, his usual playful jabs stopped. Errol was standing next to him, but his eyes kept looking over everyone.

There were many failed attempts on Benji's behalf that Lexie didn't know off. Just then Link was chasing after one of Benji's other suppliers, cutting them off. Lucian himself had managed to get a few of Benji's man trapped, locked behind bars. So many attempts to get to Orianna, all trampled but this one.