Chapter 9

A/N:
This is going to be my last update for a few days so I'm going to try to make it longer. Enjoy!

Oh P.S I decided to make it America's POV again because I think her POV would suit this chapter a lot better than Maxon's.

(America's POV)
Hesitantly, I walk up to the door. Should I open it? Probably. I slowly twist the doorknob and open the door. There I am, face to face with a guy I don't know.
"Helloooo!" He tells me. I don't even bother beating around the bush so I say,
"Who on earth are you??" He laughs haughtily and says,
"Why, I'm a rebel. I've been disguised in a guard's costume for a few days. What have I been doing, you may ask? Observing. And based on my observance, you are Maxon's favorite!" He spits the last word out as if it's poison.
"What are you going to do to me?"
"Hahaha. That I cannot tell you." Then he punches me, hard, in the stomach. I groan in pain. I could fight back, but I would probably lose. So, instead, I decided on screaming as loud as possible. The guard looks panicked as he pulls out a long needle. I squirm away from him but he says,
"You can't get away from me, sugar." He pushes the unknown liquid into my body and I feel myself slowly start to black out. I hear yelling and screaming in the background, but I can't make out whose voices they were. I try to fight against unconsciousness, but it doesn't work.

(5 Hours Later)
I awake with a jolt as the events of the day flood back to me. The room I'm in really isn't that bad. A girl comes up to me and asks,
"Would you like some dinner?" I'm in so much shock that I don't answer. Instead, I ask,
"You aren't going to torture or beat or kill me?"
"Of course not! The leader says not to, anyway, but we don't treat people like that. At the palace, I think you guys call us Northerners." Ah, yes. Northerners. I think. The ones that seem to be on a mission to find something.
"Then in that case, I would love some food." The girl laughs and goes to grab some food. When she comes back, she flicks the TV on and says,
"The name's Cassia."
"Pretty name." I comment. I glance up at the TV and I'm surprised to see my name in the headlines. Rebel Attack on Castle Starts with the Kidnapping of America Singer, it says. Maxon starts talking on the emergency Report they are holding but I can't seem to process any of his words. He looks so concerned and.. lost. Then, I catch his last sentence.
"We have sent out a search party in search for the daughter of Illéa, America Singer." So they are looking for me! These rebels are treating me fine and all, but I'd really much rather be at the castle. Just as I think that, a guy, whom Cassia had called the leader, comes in and slaps me across the face.
"You... You have caused us so much trouble!!"
"It's not my fault you chose to kidnap me." I say. I don't really care how he responds. He slaps me hard across the face again and starts to say,
"You ar-" But he is cut off by yelling at the door.
"Let us in! By the command of Prince Maxon!!" They yell.
"Ugh," the leader mutters. He's about to pull me away when the door is knocked down.
"She's here! She's here! Grab her and get the rebels!!!!"
I start to feel faint again. I wonder if they tampered with my food or something. I black out, again, in some random guard's arms.

(2 Hours Later)
I wake up when I hear someone murmuring,
"America, America, please. Please wake up and be ok." I realize it's Maxon. I open my eyes and smile at him.
"Hello." He starts to jump up and down and yells,
"You're ok!!" A nurse comes in and checks my vital signs.
"You're all good, miss. You can stay here or go to your room for the rest of the night if you'd like."
"I'll go to my room, thank you," I say.
Maxon offers to escort me and I gratefully accept. I do not want to be kidnapped again. When we get there, my maids yell,
"You're ok! Oh my gosh America you're ok!!" I smile.
"Of course I am!" I reassure them. Just then, Maxon dismisses my maids and tells them,
"I need to talk with America." He says it gently, and my maids get excited. As they leave, they whisper amongst themselves about what they think he's going to ask me.
"I'm so glad you are safe, America."
"Thank you." I reply simply.
"I was so worried. I should've just told you guys the truth.." I gasp and say,
"You knew? About the disguised rebel?"
"Yes. My parents decided it would be best if we just left it. They figured that since he hasn't hurt anybody, we'd leave him alone..." I can sense that he's starting to get upset, so I say,
"Shhh, it's ok. It's not your fault." He looks down at me and then does something that I would least expect. He closes his eyes and then lowers himself.. And then he gently presses his lips to mine.

Ohhhhh!! Now I'm excited to write the next chapter. It's going to be Maxon's POV, of course. So, as always, comment, vote, suggest!! Oh and I have a question for you guys: Should I even bother having Aspen come to the castle as a guard? I really don't want to but it's up to you guys!