Epilogue

The first thing the woman noticed as soon as she regained consciousness was the grin of a white haired boy in front of her. Her husband staggered back to reality next to her as well.

"Good morning, dear parents~!" He cheerfully greeted the two worn out grownups.

"Z-Zylen...?" The woman stuttered, fully awake.

"What is the meaning of this!?" The man bellowed, struggling in the cuffs he was bound to.

"Shh... Not so loud," Zylen said, lowering his voice to barely a whisper. "You'll disturb Ethan."

The couple's eyes followed Zylen's gaze and stopped at a glass cylinder. Clearly, a human body of a boy was inside. Tubes and a mask was connected to his face and body. A heart monitor showed low and slow beatings of his heart.

Zylen's grin broadened upon noticing the couple's face, horrified and mouth agape. "Aren't you going to praise me~? Look at what I've accomplished! I'm not just a guinea pig anymore. I'm a scientist just like you two~" Mr and Mrs Redmond flinched from the seeping madness from each word their son said.

They both remained silent, glaring coldly at Zylen. Sure, they did cut up their son and did experiments on him, but surely, they weren't as cruel as to fully dissect a human being to the verge of death. Even though they so much as desired that.

The couples slowly descended into regret and guilt as they stared at their own creation.

"You are a failure, Zylen..." His mother hissed.

"A mistake," his father confided.

Their words didn't impact him much, but Zylen put on a hurt look.

"Ah, the mortification," Zylen fake sobbed. His false demeanour was soon replaced by a smirk filled with bloodlust and insanity.

"What a shame~ You'll just be added to my creation as well!" He clapped his hands excitedly. "How convenient, mother, you have AB which is exactly Ethan's blood type!"

Mrs. Redmond shuddered while her husband just growled.

"Is that how you treat us - your parents, your creators?" Zylen simply looked at his father, amused as his father also added, "You monster!"

Zylen cackled. "You just claimed to be the creator of this monster."

Mr. Redmond flinched back ever so slightly, that it would've been unnoticeable if not been watched on intently. And Zylen for a fact, indeed noticed the slight movement.

That and his father's silence proved that he had won.

"Now~ without any more delays, let's start shall we~?" Zylen's eyes gleamed with a hint of craziness. His fingers traced all of his materials, arranged neatly on the small table placed near him.

Zylen's mother's face distorted with fear. A slight whimper escaped her mouth as the sharp, cold edge of the scalpel was pressed to her cheek, drawing blood. He licked his lips and gave his father a menacing look, his dull eyes piercing his very being.

Soon, he worked on his project. The quiet laboratory filling up with agonized screams for mercy and cries for help. This certainly was not expected for the Redmond's upon returning from their small trip... But it certainly filled the young Redmond with glee.

-

Zylen disposed his blood covered gloves into the sink. He finished collecting new specimens for his sick experimentations and collection. And of course, not to forget what his beloved best friend needed to recover.

His eyes glazed over to the cylinder which contained his best friend. Zylen's fingers ran over the smooth, cold surface of it.

He pressed his forehead against the glass and with a small, but determined voice he spoke,

"Wait a little longer... Ethan. I'll definitely get you back."

~END~

We have finally reached the end of Mad! *feeling a wave of satisfaction* I completed my second book, so I'm feeling really happy!

But then, I'm feeling sad to end it all here. I had so much fun writing all this. *some shoots me nervous looks*

Before I end it all for good, I thank all of you who read, voted and commented on this! And to those who added this book of mine to their reading lists too. You all have my gratitude!

Thank chu guys! X3 I hope you'll let me know how you felt about the whole story! Have a nice day/night!