9. At Home

9

                                                                              AT HOME

~

I'm so sorry sammyhealing that I forgot to dedicate the dedication to you. Last time I was so wound up with putting this chapter up for guys that it just slipped my mind. I'm sorry again. Thanks for your support, it really gives me a great amount of strength.

~

"A relationship can work only if the partners are ready to give each other the freedom to live ones own life. If either of the one tries to dominate that's where the first crack in the relationship occurs. Ultimately the relationship becomes a total failure. Abinav, I never want that to happen to our relationship. Do you get it?"

Diya Mehra, female protagonist,

Living My Dreams

Ria Rangarajan

Ria's P.O.V.:-

The dinner table was finally set. A long, rectangular mahogany wood reddish-brown table contained various dishes. The recipe for that night was hot rotis served with bhindi and dal along with vegetable pulav and raita. The dinner would have been served much earlier if not I had thrown such tantrums stating that I would prepare the dinner along with Mummyji and bhabhi.

But none paid heed to this poor little lady. Both the ladies were much stubborn that I must rest. When I told them that even they had they just shooed me off stating that they have their duty to perform which was ultimately to prepare our dinner. I counter attacked stating that even I as being the daughter-in-law of the house had the duty too. They simply laughed and pointed towards my mehindi filled hand and mummyji said," See. Your duty starts only when your Mehendi fades. Till then take rest, and try to adjust to the new environment that you're subjected too." She came to my side and patted my back fondly" You know what whenever I heard other ladies complaining about their daughter-in-laws and vice-versa I confess that I used to get tensed and pray profusely that my state should never be that. I suppose, God heard my prayers as god gave me two cute, loving and kind daughter-in-laws who are more of  daughters to me." By the time she had finished bhabhi came and snuggled in the arms of mummyji. Nivin and other men of the family who had witnessed it gave out a dramatic Ohhh... sound. I suspect it was Nivin who started it.

Bhaiya had returned late as he had to drop Seema at the hostel where the hospital has arranged for her to stay. I had a heavy suspicion that Seema would have even planned to stay here for the night if not Nivin had informed Bhaiya that the hospital has arranged her a place to stay and she needs to be dropped there at the address that Nivin had received from Dr. Kapoor. Nivin forwarded the address to Bhaiya's phone. Nivin had decided to stay with us till dinner and then leave for his home. He had also promised to take me to his home to meet his family. He also promised me that he would take me around Bengaluru and make me familiar with the city. I nodded happily and was too excited to have found such a good friend in Nivin. Bhabhi also joined along with Nivin and told that she too would take me out along with her.

Bhaiya dropped Seema and also brought the vegetables that Bhabhi had asked him to buy. I too had a certain list of items like condensed milk and cocoa powder to buy as I was planning to make some yummy, tasty cupcakes. Cupcake and all other bakery items are my speciality in cooking. Bhabhi said that she'd take me to the market tomorrow morning and told me that I could make cupcakes for dinner as that was the time when we all can have food in a relaxed manner. The breakfasts are done in hush and rush as everyone would be busy to get to their works.