Scars

I wanted to write my own one shot(s) about Robin and his scars. This is probably going to become a dumping ground for my Robin related oneshots. Updates will be extremely slow. But I digress. Here's the oneshot!

Normally, Dick would wear a long sleeved muscle shirt under his school uniform, but this day he had been running late and in a dizzying rush forgot to put it on. Not only that, but he had P.E today. As he walked with Babara to the gym he mentally groaned, being forced to try and come up with a plan to hide his scars. Being Robin was a tough job. Well, no... Tough didn't describe it. He was a teenage vigilante, fighting in the most crime ridden city, against the most evil villains. He had a J carved into his chest from the Joker and lots of little heart from Harlequin. Riddler had adds his own question marks, along with Poison Ivy carving her signature into his skin. Not to mention all the cuts, in various states of healing, bruises, burns. Name a type of wound... It was probably on his skin somewhere.

As they reached the gym they went their separate ways and Dick entered the boy's changing room. He waited until everyone was gone to change and when he was nearly ready with only his gym t-shirt to pull on, someone came back into the room. They froze at the sight and Dick yanked his t-shirt on violently. "How much did you see?" He almost immediately questioned.

"I... How did you... Is it because... I mean..."

"I don't normally let people see them. Your an alright guy so can we please keep this between us?"

"S... Sure. Sure! I guess it's because your, uh, Bruce Wayne's ward huh? All the kidnappings?"

"Yes, it is." Dick responded internally thankful.

They both entered the gym. Most of the class want fine. A few people called him names as he hid his skill in sport greatly. He purposefully fell over constantly. "Yo, charity case!" A bully screamed at him.

"What Zac?" Dick replied halfheartedly.

"I saw you forgot your under shirt today! We want to know what your hiding under there! I bet it's cause your so fat!" His friends (read: gang members) began laughing.

"Leave me alone."

"Why should we, Circus Freak?!"

"Just go."

By now, the whole class was watching, since the teacher had just left. Zac smirked and walked 'menacingly' over to Dick. He grabbed the edge of his shirt and violently jerked his hands upwards. Shocked, Dick had no chance to defend himself and his t-shirt came all the way off. He quickly realised what had happened and snatched the t-shirt back, pulling it non too gently back over his head. He stood there unsure of himself. Babara, who - being Batgirl - already knew of his scars, put a hand on his shoulder and led him out of the gym to find the teacher.

Inside the gym, however, there was a lot of shock. Many were on their phones spreading rumours. Others chose to tell them verbally.

"How did he get those?"

"Maybe he's abused."

"He must get kidnapped, maybe that's it?"

"Didn't Robin have a J carved in his chest there in his early days?"

"Dude, what's up with the scars?"

"He is such a wimp."

"How could anyone have so many scars?"

"I bet he's in a gang or something!"

"Why did he hide them, anyway?"

And more was said. The teacher was found and the class told off, from that day forth a vow was made between the students not to speak of it again, that's is, except to spread the rumours.