Another identity reveal, lol

Dick held his stomach as he stumbled out of the batmobile, a huge bruise already spreading across his front from the beating he'd gotten. Knowing it was just a few bruises and nothing major, he went up to his room and collapsed on the bed, still in his Robin costume. He'd change out of it tomorrow... For now? Sleep.

-----------

Blinking slumber out of his eyes, Robin climbed out of bed. In his barely awake state he simply got his clothes on and went down stairs to eat his breakfast. He'd done all his homework at school and left his school bag in his locker overnight. It's not like anyone steal it; everyone in that school was filthy rich! Including him, fair enough but at least he was useful enough to save the city at night with that money. Speaking of saving the city... Where was Daddy Bats this morning? Must have gone to work early. "Master Richard. Please stop staring into space and eat your bacon before my cooking goes cold!" Alfred broke his out of his trance-like state of thought.

"Sorry Alfie! Let's go now anyway, I'm finished!" He replied, stuffing the last slice of bacon into his mouth and pulling his school jacket on. Chuckling, good old ninja butler Alfred opened the door to the limo for Dick, who had already charged out of the door with Alfred trailing behind him by this point. Dick smiled at him and climbed in, already used to Alfred's insistence that the door be opened for him.

Moments later Dick was on his way to his first class, backpack in hand and brain ready to work. He felt good today, but that feeling was unlikely to last. It never did. He sat down gently his seat next to Barbara, the redheaded girl turning to him with a smirk. "Hey circus boy! Look at this. Guess who's on the front page of 'Gotham Crime' yet again?" She thrust a colourful magazine in his face, a cropped photo of Batman, Robin and Batgirl swinging across the city plastered on the front. "I think they got our good sides too!" Just then the teacher came in, leaving Barbara with only a whispered reply of we're famous without being on that cover anyway! Comish's daughter and the ward of Bruce Wayne, I mean come on Babs. They both turned to the front. Having already learned this section of work for themselves, they chose to talk for the rest of the lesson. Tapping lightly on their desks, they tapped messages back and forth in morse code.

'How are you Babs?'

'I wasn't the one that got injured last night.'

'True. But don't worry, I'm fine. Just a bruise!'

'If you say so. Then again I don't this Bruce would let you outta the house otherwise.'

'Your right there.'

'Did you remember to take your uniform off this time?'

'Oh no! I forgot!'

'Well done, idiot. Ah well it didn't cause anything last time. Doubt it will today.'

'You totally just jinxed it, Batgirl'

'Oh yeah Robin?'

'Yep'

'Well little Troll, great conversation but the teacher just find he'd talking.'

'So she did.'

The teacher looked about the room at the students. "Can someone please give out the text books?" Upon receiving no volunteers Dick was picked on, being the best student meant he was often chosen for these things anyway. "Richard would you mind? It's the blue ones." He stood up and went over to the cupboards. "Thank you."

The cupboard's handles where just a bit higher than he could normally reach, so he stretched up in his tiptoes to reach them. At that moment a student behind him caught sight of the edge of his Robin suit under his currently untucked shirt. As he gave out the books, the snobby looking boy lifted his hand to call for the teacher. "Richard isn't wearing the regulated school uniform. It's there a rule about wearing other clothes underneath our school ones?"

"Why, yes there is John! I'm sorry Richard but I'm going to have to ask you to take that off."

"But I'm not wearing anything else." The confused look he gave was more than convincing.

"But he was, honest!" The student almost pleaded with a somewhat raised volume of voice.

"Richard it is true that John is a well behaved pupil. I apologise but lying isn't tolerated in this classroom. You'll have to take your shirt off."

With a clearly terrified look on his face, Dick stared at the teacher. That is until said teacher got fed up of waiting and asked his once more. He undid the buttons on his shirt with shaking hands until it slid off of him. The first reaction was shock; the Robin suit was skin tight and showed muscles. Most people in the school thought he was super weak. The second reaction was confusion. Why did he have that under his uniform? Then it became laughter. What a wannabe! How could Dick Grayson ever be Robin?! Then confusion again. That didn't look like it was the usual merchandise. Not only that but it had little rips that had been skilful sewed together along with a small, unwashed, blood stain along the left side. Then came the fear. There was no way he could be the real Robin, right? That wouldn't be right! The teacher chose to speak up. "Wendy, come here a moment?" A black haired girl slowly walker towards the teacher, who pointed towards the door and whispered in the girl's ear. The girls walked out.

Meanwhile... Barbara was face-planting, Bruce just knew something had gone wrong, Alfred was baking cookies and the whole class was still sitting and staring in a shocked state. When the black haired girl came back everyone's attention snapped to her. The teacher took the black item from her had and walked up to Dick. Without warning the Robin-mask-lookalike was on his face, his hair was messed up again and his identity was almost certain. This was Robin. Responses were mixed. Some girls wanted his autograph and some were still shocked. Guys were asking about Batman, and could they be hooked up Batgirl. Again, others were still in shock. Barbara grabbed the still frozen on the spot Robin by the wrist and dragged him out the room. "Hmm that went well." She commented.

"Oh sh**!" Was all Dick could say as he tore off the mask and replaced his shirt. Bruce was going to be having a long talk with him later. Maybe Martian Manhunter could be of service...

Tah DAH!