9 || exist

Adrien grimaced at the taste of the cold coffee. Instant coffee tasted better when it was so hot that it scalded his tastebuds, so hot he couldn't taste the awful drink. A messenger bag was slung over his shoulder and although it was relatively light, he still felt the heaviest thing that rested in there.

Marinette's diary.

By no means was it the physically heaviest. His computer was, but he found himself being dragged down by the journal. He was so overly dependent on it already. He made his way to the library at a steady pace.

He liked it there. It was mostly quiet and he always lost himself in the books he read. Maybe it was because Marinette didn't exist in those realities. She couldn't be dead if she wasn't real.

Maybe it was because Adrien didn't exist in those realities.

Adrien wanted to be a writer but he could never write down into words what he was feeling. He settled for a librarian. He wanted to be the keeper of stories and different realities.

Adrien returned the novel he had finished reading and waved to the familiar woman behind the counter. He didn't check out a book this week.

Adrien had a lot of heavy reading to do at home. All of which revolved around Marinette.