Chapter Twenty Six

I sit in the back of the van, smiling to myself, even though I'm handcuffed to the metal wall as we drive. Agent Sol sits across from me on a hard bench, his gun already drawn, but hanging loosely in his hand.
"You know that even though we're turning you over to Mr. Mandela, we'll still find you and put you back in your place, right?", he asks finally. "Or you'll escape and come running back."
I chuckle, resting my head against the cold metal as I reply, "I can assure you, that's not going to happen. I'm not going to escape; I'm not even going to try."
"Why not?"
"Agent Sol, the only way I'm leaving is in a body bag. So will Jake", I giggle. "We'll be art, eternalized forever."
"You are insane", the man spits. "There are people who care for you, people that want you to get better. Why would you hurt people for selfish goals?!"
I keep laughing, the sound high pitched and maniacal as the vehicle stops.
"Show time", I singsong. "Now lets get this party started."
Sol rolls his eyes as he stands, unlocking the handcuffs from the wall before dragging me to the door of the van and opening it, forcing me onto the ground before hopping down beside me.
A few feet away, my father stares at my face from beside Jake and Adara, his blue eyes unreadable as he scans my face.
My lip curls up in a sneer, a low growl rumbling in my throat as I switch my gaze to the person I'm determined to kill.
"I'm glad to see that you've agreed to my terms", Jake says, almost pleasant as he steps forward, his pistol tightly clenched in his hand. "Now hand her over."
"Not until the family is safe", Agent Sol snarls back. "You first."
Jake flicks his hand, and the man standing in front of their black van opens the back door, revealing the six blood covered people huddled inside.
A mother, a father and three young children, two girls, one boy.
I lunge forward with a hiss, only to be immediately jerked back by the agent, making me kick his ankle in anger.
"Now hand her over", Jake says. "Now that you know that I'm a man of my word."
"Liar", I call with a giggle. "You're just a fucktard."
He raises an eyebrow, but replies, "Easy, girl. Don't piss me off just yet."
"Not that kind of bitch", I snap back. "Let's make this quick do I can kill you already. I'm already bored with this fucking standoff. Just hand me the fuck over."
"Langauge, dear", the man responds, clicking his tongue. "Someone's got quite the potty mouth now. I personally blame Morona for that."
Sol steps forward carefully, pulling me with him until I'm a foot away from the three terrorists. The agent shoves me away from him before stepping back, watching as Jake grabs me, flicking his free hand.
Over his shoulder, I watch the family get out of the van and run before my father steps in front of my line of sight.
I growl in frustration as I'm taken over to that vehicle and shoved inside, the door locking and leaving me in the dark alone as I grin.
I'm going to get everything I want this time.
-----------
Thank you guys so much for reading!
just so you know, when the fist chapter of the next book has been published, the Author's Note will be here. As for Morona's story, same thing.
- Elise