3 0

Sloane's brush glid across the page, the blue hue fading as her brush strayed further from the starting point on the paper.

Each stroke brought the picture to life, with oceanic colours and textures.

The girl hummed along to the soft music playing, completely entranced by the water colours on her page.

That was until her phone began to buzz.

She took her phone quickly upon realising who it was, a feint blush tinting her cheeks.

"Hey babe"

"Hi" Sloane smiled, her heart beating slightly faster at the sound of Parker's voice "And to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Curiosity"

"Curiosity?"

"Yes"

"Babe, you're going to have to be a lot more specific than that"

"Well,we have - first and foremost - the frustrating fact that I don't know your name"

Sloane bit her lip as she smiled "And secondly?"

"The reason why you won't tell me"

"Maybe the reason as to why I won't tell you is because I so adore you calling me babe"

"It's a habit now, I don't think I'd be able to stop"

The girl's heart melted at the sound of his words, her whole world stopping.

'Pull yourself together, Sloane' she scolded herself. 'You don't even know him'

"Are you finally falling for me, Parker?"

"Not without your name"

Sloane laughed, nibbling her lip as she thought it over.

Her name was given to her by her mother, a woman she'd only known for six years of her life.

For those six years, she had loved her name. She believed it was beautiful, and was always told it was.

Then, her name because the last thing she ever heard her mother say, and the word became a key part of her nightmares.

Now a days, it wasn't as bad, but she most definitely did not love her name.

"I think I might be going crazy not knowing"

"I'm sure, love"

"I am"

"If you are, then you're definitely in love with me"

Parker would never admit it, but he was slowly falling in love with a voice of a girl who's name he didn't even know.

"You know, curiosity killed the cat"

"But satisfaction brought it back"

"You're so cute"

"Will you ever stop calling me cute?"

"I don't think so"

"Good, I'd hope not"

Parker smiled, her laugh like music to him.

Her imagined her laughing, running a hand through her hair and biting her lip in an attempt to hide her smile.

"My name's Sloane"