54

"You can do this"

"I don't think I can"

"Well you're wrong, because you can, and if things go wrong - not that they're going to - I'll be here for you, and if you need to be alone with them, then I can go"

Parker took a deep breath, almost to stop him from telling Sloane he loved her, because it wasn't the right time "Okay" He raised his knuckles, rapping on the door a few times before flinching back like he had been burned.

When it opened, Parker's mother stood, disbelieving of the sight infront of her.

The woman's eyes instantly teared up as she recognised the visitor as her son, the resistance to reach out to him clear in her face.

"P-parker" She spoke shakily, biting her lip as it quivered.

"Hi, mum" Parker rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

At the sound of the man who had run away more than a year ago calling her his mother, she burst out into sobs, wrapping her arms around the boy.

Parker froze for a second at her instant affection, before hugging his mother back.

Sloane blinked back the tears that welled in her eyes at the sight of the two, remembering her mother. Another painful tug reached her heart at the sound of another sob.

Bianca pulled back from her son, wiping her eyes and smiling as she cupped his face in her hands.

"Would you like to come inside, honey?" Bianca asked softly, the fear of rejection running through her mind.

She even feared that she was dreaming, since she often thought about her son finally coming back home.

Parker smiled at the much shorter woman, nodding "I would love t-"

"Who's this?" Bianca asked excitedly as she finally noticed Sloane who was standing a little behind Parker.

Parker grinned to the girl, lacing his fingers with hers "Sloane Mathews. She's my girlfriend" He said proudly as Sloane blushed a light shade of pink.

Bianca beamed at Sloane before attacking her in a bear hug "It's so lovely to meet you!" She told the poor girl that was now being suffocated... nicely?

When Bianca pulled away, she stared into the eyes of the girl she hoped would be her future daughter-in-law, seeing exactly what Parker saw in her.

That was something Bianca could see about people. She could see what the people who loved them could.

And she could see that her son was head over heels for Sloane.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms Lawson"

Bianca waved a hand dismissively "You might as well just call me 'mum'"

Parker's eyes widened as both his and Sloane's cheeks flushed "Mum! Weird!" He scolded as Bianca laughed.

She had most certainly missed messing with the poor child.

"It's just Bianca, dear" Bianca winked, her challenge of embarrassing her son completed "I hope you would be able to stay for dinner, the both of you. I'm sure Parker's father would love to meet you as well"

Parker's heart dropped ever so slightly "Is Anya not home?"

Bianca shook her head "She'll be home in an hour. She's hanging out with her friend Yasmine"