Heartbreak

"It was foolish of me, you know? To think that you'd never break my heart."

I held Maxxie's hand as we waited in line to go into the new club everyone has been talking about. We all smiled as Tony came up to us,

"Hey! Here he is! Looking good, mate."

"Cheers. I feel quite good." Tony smiled and he looked over to see Chris and Jal kissing,  "What's going on here, then?" 

"Ah, you know, man. The winds of change. Rivers of blood and all that. Shit getting wild, man. Him and her, Maxxie and Annie, Sid and Michelle..." Maxxie punched Anwar in the balls, "Easy, man."

"Yeah. Where is Sid?" Tony asked,

"He came early... with Michelle." Anwar answered and Maxxie punched him again.

Soon enough we were able to get inside the club. Maxxie and I were dancing on the dance floor, not giving a shit about anything.

Not thinking about how in a week, everything will change.

"I personally think the biggest heartbreak is watching someone you like, like someone else."

I went to the toilets, and when I came back, I froze. Maxxie and another guy were dancing, very erotically and very close to one another.

"I dreamed of you. And I woke up sad and wanting you."

People were bumping into me as I backed away, towards the toilets once again. I was puking in the toilet as Jal ran in,

"What happened? I didn't think you had that much to drink." Jal asked as she moved my hair,

"Don't tell me you didn't see Maxxie out there." I sobbed, "Basically screwing the boy out there."

"With James? Yeah, I was hopping you wouldn't see that." Jal replied,

"The whole bloody club saw it!" I exclaimed, "He's cheating Jal."

She wrapped her arms around me and I cried into her shoulder, "It hurts. It hurts so bad."

"I know." Jal whispered as she rubbed my back.

...

The next few days I spent in my room. I ignored all of Maxxie's calls, texts, and when he came by, I made it seem like I wasn't home.

Missed Calls: 47

Ignored Texts: 127

Knocks on my door: 78

Every night, before I got to bed, I open my notebook and write something down. To let the emotions out, so I wouldn't do something stupid.

Little did I know, it didn't help.

"You said you wouldn't leave me. And you FUCKING did."

I missed college. We were only revising for the exams anyway, so I did it at home.

But I spent most of my time crying or taking drugs. Wondering why I was with a gay guy. It was stupid. I love Maxxie, I really do.

But I can't handle this.

I found myself at clubs most nights. Drinking my heart away. I went back to my old habits, shagging random guys. Because I think it takes the pain away.

It doesn't.

"Take me back to the time when I hadn't met you, so that I could save myself from all this heart break."

One night, I saw Maxxie.

I was dancing with some guy when I spotted him by the bar, blonde hair shining in the dim lights. He watched me with his sky blue eyes as I made out and dragged the guy into the toilets.

I never saw him again after that. Until I went back to school. 

"Er, hey." Maxxie smiled, showing of his dazzling white teeth as he walked into the room,

"Maxxie!"

"All right, guys? Um, I want you guys to meet someone. James." The boy I saw Maxxie dancing with the other night came in,

"It's James. Everyone knows James, man." Sid said before Maxxie interlocked his hands with James.

Everyone fell silent and most eyes were on me. I quickly packed up my books before leaving the room, knocking my shoulder into Maxxie's as I leave.

I found myself on the floor of the women's room. Jal sat next to me, holding my hand.

"I'm pregnant." She whispered.

I turned to her, eyes wide.

"Oh, Jal." She started to cry, and so did I.

We wrapped our arms around each other. And we just sat in the women's toilet the rest of the day, crying.

And that's okay.

"I want him, but I also want to get over him, and neither are happening."