epilogue

Some days later

"Estoni get your ass up."

Mara's eyes squeezed closed, letting out a rather sorrowful groan as she rolled onto her side. She brought her knees closer to her chest, wrapping her blanket tighter to her body and certainly not showing any sign of getting up.

"Estoni!"

The harsh whisper relayed some kind of urgency, and the woman tried to hide her face from the imposing form above that dare awake her. It certainly didn't feel like morning yet, and no alarms were blaring with warning of attack. Nothing life threatening was unfolding; no need to waste sleep over it.

That was before the forceful tap on her head.

Mara popped an eye open, vision focusing as she slowly raised her head. She barely made out the blotted figure looming a few feet above her, but the voice she heard prior clarified who brought an abrupt end to her sleep, "Pava, I enjoy waking up to your face, but not now. Too early."

Jessika tried to ignore the blonde's barely comprehensible mumbles, but tiredly smiled despite her annoyance, "Yeah, it's way too early. I'm going back to bed, you're getting dressed and following orders."

Mara closed both eyes again, letting out another frustrated groan before Jess gently kicked her side again, "Stop being so loud, you'll wake Nomen."

"Already did that." A protest arose from above the two women, the Togruta mechanic on the upper bunk bed leaning over the side to project her voice before pulling her pillow closer to headtails.

Jess muttered an apology to their roommate while the blonde raised the upper half on her body to sit. After a few moments, she realized exactly how she ended up in this particular sleeping position. She wasn't on a mattress, instead wrapped in a sheet on the ground. Once again, she had fallen off her bed in favor of sleeping on the floor. It had become routine; the mediocre bunk bed was so soft it was hard to sleep on for a girl who spent most nights for the last few years inside of an AT-AT.

Reluctantly, Mara began to remove herself from the confines of the warm blanket, the cool air of the night sending shivers across her exposed legs. With a regretful frown, she started to stand up, "What time is it even? Is anyone else up?"

Pava made no mention of the odd sleeping arrangement, instead standing with crossed arms and squinted dark eyes that were still prominent in the dimly lit quarters of the Resistance base. With a languid movement, she pointed to the door on the other side of the room, "It's four hours before dawn, and the only thing awake is Dameron's droid asking for you."

Ugh, BB, why??

The woman stumbled towards the threshold that her roommate had gestured to, hands outstretched to help guide her away from potential things to run into. Her tiredness still persisted and she yawned before pressing the door's control. She was unprepared for the searing burning sensation that met her eyes.

"Light!" Mara's voice rose as the illumination cut through the darkness, covering her face with her hand as she turned away from the hall.

"Goddamnit Estoni." Nomen grumbled as she shifted away from the brightness, Pava only giving a prolonged groan as she climbed back into a warm bed.