Chapter Fourteen

I'm baaack !! Ya miss me? Jkjk :)) enjoyyy. I think it's the longest I've ever written haha
___________________________

Carter's Point of View

Quietness filled the tunnel and I could sense he was beyond the words of fuming in anger. I slightly jumped as sudden fire lit up in the palm of Harry's hand. My heart began to beat ten times faster as I stared at the nasty smirk on his lips and darkness clouding over his long lost green eyes.

"Much better," He whispered in an oddly calm tone. He slowly brought the flame to the front of our faces and I could feel the heat warming up my cold skin. Thinking over his words, I knew I wasn't going to go down whatever path he was talking about. I don't even understand what it really meant. All I know is I should try to stay clear from the angry side of him; it's not pretty, it's scary.

"Did I make myself clear?" He asked, loosening his grip on my waist, so that my back wasn't digging into the wall. I nodded and looked away. "Good." He completely let go of me and slightly backed away. "Do you feel that." His smirk slowly faltered as he looked around.

"No?" I furrowed my eyebrows at the sudden question. "What is it?"

"You don't feel him watching?"

"No, I don't. What are you talking about, Harry?"

He ignored me, but it seemed like he was staring at me. I waited for a response, and I never got one. Something behind him had caught my attention. All I saw was a dark figure disappear behind his head. I opened my mouth to warn him, but before I could, the flame he had somehow lit up in his hand, blew out.

"Harry," I called for him, but he never replied. I heard a loud thud, followed by a painful scream. It sounded awfully like Harry's and it only caused me to panic more. I had no choice but to stand in the dark, unable to see a thing. I flinched at the sound of snapping; like a whip hitting bare skin.

There was a mixture of laughter and yelling, but I couldn't tell if it was Harry causing both noises. Everything suddenly went silent. I could practically hear my heart thumping loudly in my ears as I waited for something to happen. Fire had lit up next to a figure pinned against the opposite wall. I stepped closer, staring at his head which hung low.

It was Harry, no doubt on that. His blue uniform was ripped at the very top. There were red marks all over his bruised arms, even blood was splattered on his uniform. On both sides of him, two flames had risen, but they would never spread. I stood in front of Harry, raising my hand to touch his shoulder.

As soon as I touched his shoulder, he dropped to the floor, immediately coughing up what appeared to be blood. He sat up, running a bloody hand through his dirty hair.

"What was t-that?" I quietly asked. He tilted his head in my direction and gazed.

"I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I'm not the only one who's angry." He spat, slowly standing up without even wincing. The large welts on his skin looked really painful, but he showed no sign of pain at all.

"Well, why are you angry at me in the first place?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion and a bit of anger. He stood there and chuckled.

"I'm not angry at you," He shrugged. Is this man going insane? Wait. . . Don't answer that.

"You were literally yelling at me before whatever the heck just happened, happened," I told him.

"I yelled at you?" His eyebrows furrowed as this only confused me even more.

"Yeah. . . You did."

"I guess I get lost when I'm mad," He shook his head and started taking a few steps away from the fire. I took time to notice the top of his uniform had also been ripped on the back, exposing his spine. On both sides next to his spine, there were two big cuts, just like the two on his chest. The blood was trailing downward and all I could think was, on every inch of his body, he was bleeding; but not once did he pass out or yet to have shown any typical emotion. "Staring at it won't make it heal," He stated, his bloody-literally- back still facing me.